close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pope Francis tells atheists to abide by their own consciences

Discussion in 'Religious Issues' started by Altaris, Sep 11, 2013.

1. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    I come from a fire and brimstone Southern Baptist up bringing, and I find this new mackerel snapping Pope very offensive.

He should tell non-believers to follow the teachings of the Bible,
    NOT their own consciences.

He's trying to be "all things to all people" and that will lead to the corruption and dilution of the word of God.

2. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    That's hard to believe! ;)
    :)
    Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

3. hogfish

hogfish Señor Member

Aug 4, 2005
    fl
    Something definitely wrong with this Pope. It's like he's trying to be inclusive. You might interpret much of what he says to imply that God is a god of love more so than one of fire and brimstone.

4. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    Whew! That's a relief. I was starting to worry as I get older and older.

I wonder how he knows that?

English

5. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Who knows? Sometimes I wonder if they're making this stuff up as they go along. Its not like they've got it written down anywhere...

Randy

6. Not everyone needs to be threatened with fire and brimstone every Sunday in order to behave for the rest of the week.

7. DonCT

DonCT

Oct 30, 2004
    Connecticut
    So according to Francis, god loves everyone.

No wonder Baptists hate him.

8. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    I am sure you must have misunderstood that. Don't they love the sinner but hate the sin?

English

9. DonCT

DonCT

Oct 30, 2004
    Connecticut
    That is a Catholic doctrine derived from St. Augustine of Hippo. Baptists are quite good at hating, particularly when it comes to Catholics.

10. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Hate is a strong word. Contempt is a better word.
    Catholics are the bullies of Christianity, it's their way or the highway.

Their churches are full of idols, yet they condemn idolatry.
    Their cover up of child molestation by Catholic priests is just plain wrong.

And that entire "we hate the sin, but love the sinner" crap is indicative of their submission to the homosexual movement. They're scared of militant homosexuals because so many of their priests are sexual deviants themselves.

The Catholic church today is torn between the political correctness of the unbelieving heathens and the true word of God.

Sadly they've chosen to pander to the Godless heathens and ignore the written word of God.

This new Pope is a perfect example of that pandering to the non-believers.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2013
  11. Glock36shooter

Glock36shooter

May 30, 2010
  12. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    I wish people would read the whole article rather than just start making comments off of the headline.

"Given – and this is the fundamental thing – that God's mercy has no limits, if He is approached with a sincere and repentant heart," the pope wrote, "the question for those who do not believe in God is to abide by their own conscience. There is sin, also for those who have no faith, in going against one's conscience. Listening to it and abiding by it means making up one's mind about what is good and evil."

13. 2@low8

2@low8

Sep 18, 2009
    Given the Pope's statement, how can a sinner (in his words, one who violates his conscience) reconcile to a God he does not believe in.

14. JBnTX

JBnTX Bible Thumper

Aug 28, 2008
    Texas
    Politically correct gobbledegook.

Man does not have the ability to determine for himself what is good and evil. God has made that determination for us, and has given us the rule book that explains that difference.

Man listening to his own conscience is the cause of most problems in this world today.

The Pope should tell non-believers to fall to their knees, accept Jesus Christ and turn away from their sinful ways.

Telling them to follow their conscience is wrong.
    He should tell them to follow the word of God.

15. 2@low8

2@low8

Sep 18, 2009
    John 14:6 "Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me."

You would think the Pope would know this verse.

16. DonCT

DonCT

Oct 30, 2004
    Connecticut
    Yep. Baptists hating Catholics because Catholics aren't hateful enough.

Luckily we'll be rid of them before too long. Their numbers are falling by 100k/year and their own Grand Wizard estimates they've got 60 years left before they go the way of the dodo.

http://m.christianpost.com/news/ove...rn-baptists-heartbreaking-says-leader--97396/

And

http://m.christianpost.com/news/so-...r-fifth-straight-year-baptisms-are-up--76608/

17. Roering

Roering Sorting nuts

Feb 14, 2008
    Costa Mesa
    How does that work for a non believer???

18. Geko45

Geko45 Smartass Pilot CLM

Nov 1, 2002
    KCXO
    Oh, the irony...

19. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    The mackerel snapping Pope has a lot of nerve being offensive too, don't you think?

Randy