close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pop ups annoying

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by AZ Husker, Feb 7, 2014.

1. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    Why the sudden influx of pop-ups? My blocker is going crazy every time I switch to a new page. Is advertisement that important to chase people away?

2. dbarn

dbarn

Dec 16, 2011
    Thank you for posting this. The 1911 forum powered by bulletin is also experimenting with some type of ads since their recent shut down and it's causing my computer to lock up. Thanks but no thanks.

3. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
    I'm a regular member there also. They say they are trying to fix the problem. Since I posted here last I've got a popup every time I switch pages. Is this advertising or spam? Extremely annoying.

4. It is how sites make money. If you click on the pop up they get paid more money.

5. Swipter

Swipter

Jan 5, 2013
    But I thought you wanted a new Silverado? No wait that was another pop up. :shocked:

6. seanmac45

seanmac45 CLM

Apr 13, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I've had AdBlock plus on my desktop forever. Never see the ads.

HOWEVER recently while visiting GT and 1911F both have been inundating my iPad with ads. Did a search and sure enough AdBlock plus is available for and works well on Safari.

Problem solved.

7. Turn4811

Turn4811

Jan 31, 2014
    NE Atlanta
    What pisses me off is that I try to open a tread and 4 to 6 tabs open telling me my codec is obsolete and it has a bastardized flash logo. Once I get that cleared it has an annoying "You got mail" popping up in any open tab and when I click on the tabs to try to close them then another 3 codec tabs open. I have closed 14 tabs to complete this post - and yes I do have adblock.

I will check back in a week or two to see if it gets better. If it doesn't I will be deleting my bookmark.

8. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    You need to uninstall and reinstall adblock then, because something is wrong with it. I've got it installed and have never experienced any ads at all.

9. bayoujackson

bayoujackson

Apr 7, 2013
    Louisiana
    I use Firefox and adblock plus, and Ghostery no popups or ads of any kind

10. Mark2Glock

Mark2Glock

Feb 4, 2014
    Oh
    Cool!
    I will do that just to get rid of the annoying crap!

11. Snaps

Snaps Hail 2 The King

Apr 8, 2004
    SWPA sticks
    Macbook or ipad I've never gotten a popup

12. J Lee

J Lee Silver Member

Aug 5, 2013
    South Carolina
    And I don't want to "click here to view my arrest records".