close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Poor man's SOCOM

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by darwin25, Nov 22, 2009.

1. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Got this the other week. It's my poor man's SOCOM rifle.

[​IMG]

It's a Norinco SKS 7.62x39. It came with the stock in the picture, a Tapco T6 stock, 2 other compiste stock, the ATI Monte Carlo stock

[​IMG]

and the ATI ultralight folding stock

[​IMG]

It also came with the original fixed 10-round mags and a detachable 37-round USA mags (shown in the picture) , stripper clips and lots of ammo. It also came with see-through receiver mount, TAPCO high visibility front sight. The original wooden stock and the folding bayonet is missing, but what the heck, for the price I got it, it's a real bargain.

All I need to convert the rifle into this is the bipod, scope and either a flash-hider or muzzle brake.

[​IMG]

Weight of the rifle wearing the Tapco T6 stock is a little less than 7 lbs. empty

Last edited: Nov 22, 2009

2. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

nice

i inherited one of those from my dad, mine's polish (yata) pero stock.they are pretty accurate. dont know about the usa mag though mine is a POS,i like it better than an ak, although a little long in stock config

3. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Holy ***** you have 2 SKS? How about the bayonet in the other one? You still have it?

I think the other one (below) is a Yugo as it looks like it's wearing a refle grenade launcher and sight.

USA 30-round and Tapco 20-round are said to be the best hi-cap mags for the SKS though the original fixed 10- round is still the best and most reliable. I intend to use the fixed 10-round so I won't have problems going prone.

I have decided that I will remove that see-through rail on the receiver cover as it is not the best place to install a scope. Until I figure how to scope the rifle my SKS will be wearing the ATI monte carlo stock

[​IMG]

But I will probably leave the T6 handguard on as it the rail channel gives me this sight picture. Very quick to acquire. My front sight wears the Tapco hi visibility front sight post.

[​IMG]

If you have plans to sell the SKS on top please let me know. Maybe a few months later will be good.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2009
  4. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

No, i only inherited the one on top and the ak below it, the other ak and sks belongs to a friend, the pic was taken during one of those "show and tell things".
    I'll ask him about the bayonet he removed and if he wants to sell it Ill pm you.

5. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Thanks.

Please also ask him if he still has the original wooden stock and if he would be interested in trading it with me for an ATI Monte Carlo stock.

6. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

Sir,

Would you be willing to trade your wooden stock for my 3 composite stocks? Wala nga lang cut-out for the bayonet

I have a TAPCO T6
    [​IMG]

ATI Monte Carlo
    [​IMG]

And an ATI foldiing stock, exactly the same as the one in your bottom picture.

BTW do you have stripper clips for your SKS, I'll gladly thrown in a few of mine.

Thanks.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010