close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Polymer frames suck...

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Teachu2, Apr 19, 2012.

1. Teachu2

Teachu2

...the cash right out of my wallet! I have always preferred Colt 1911s and S&W revolvers to Glocks, and had probably allowed my mentor's prejudice against the Glock to color my judgement. I recently decided to add a polymer pistol as a CCW piece, so I rented a G19, a XD 9mm full size, a M&P 9, and a compact of each of the last two. True to my expectations, the G19 was not what I wanted. In fact, none of them were - so I decided to either get a 1911 in 9mm (very rare in CA) or (gulp!) learn to shoot something new. Seeing as I prefer 45acp for a carry, I rented a G30 - and proceeded to shoot it very, very well. I debated the 36, as they had both in stock at the same price - and went with the 30. This still left me without a 9mm plinker, and the LGS is having a heck of a time keeping up with demand. G4 Glocks are only available as SSE weapons, and G3 supplies are drying up, so I ordered a G34 from Bud's.
    To further add to the mix, my wife decided she ought to learn to safely shoot a handgun, and took to it like a duck to water. I thought she ought to have her own, and we shopped around a bit. She decided the Ruger LC9 was the gun, and didn't get to shoot one first. I bought her one, and by the third shot she was hurting. That nice skinny grip let the rather sharp corners contact several bones in her hand during recoil - rapidly taking the fun out of it. I rented her the same assortment I'd shot sans the 30, and the M&P 9C won the comfort battle, second only to the G19 in accuracy - just barely second. So I ordered one of those...
    So now I have a LC9 (still will be her carry gun) in the safe, a G34 due in at my transfer dealer Friday, a G30 all paid for at the LGS, and a M&P 9C on order. I will do paperwork first (30 days after the LC9) on the G34, and a month later on the G30. The LGS range rents me a G30 for free, so I can shoot it until I can get mine. The wife took the HSC test (100%) and will do the paper on the M&P, which will be her range gun. The G34 will be my range gun, shooting the much less expensive 9mm ammo.
    In three weeks, I spent more on handguns than in the previous 20 years - and they are all polymer framed, and two (so far!) are Glocks! I guess I'm over the hatred of polymer.

So on our most recent trip to the range, my wife wanted to try a 1911. She only fired a magazine, but the last three overlapped each other, all in the bullseye... I don't think the 30 will fit her hand, so at least THAT'S safe!

2. Camu Mahubah

Camu Mahubah 9=Fine

Well what a conclusion! But I bet y'all had fun! For the money you spent...try having that much fun with the money you spent in motorsports...that is what I always tell myself...of course I got rich quick...but if I could do it all over again...I would have just went 1911 for the range and Glock for carry...

3. 1911ES

1911ES

Well, alrighty then. For most of us, that sounds like a great time.
    I see things pretty much the same, as I love 1911's for what they are, but also appreciate polymers pistols as well.

I used an M&P 9c for all three levels of my pistol courses, and it's performance was flawless ...
    I have a specific 1911 for carry, being the 3" Kimber Ultra Raptor, but most of the time I go with the Gen4 G19 ... :supergrin:

4. vafish

vafish

Resistance is futile you must be assimilated.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. Pred8tory

Pred8tory Retired Copper Lifetime Member

I really love my 1911s and shoot them very well, but they tend to sit in the safe because of the weight, etc.. I'm generally carrying a 26. God bless polymer.

6. Carbonfly

Carbonfly

Let me get the popcorn. :popcorn:

Last edited: Apr 19, 2012
  7. mj9mm

mj9mm

it's hard to beat a G30sf:cool:

8. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

Hello Teachu2, welcome to Glock Talk.

There are so many things to like about the Glock 30/30SF that I made a study of it. We have two G30SF pistols in our household (his and hers).

If you think the G30 is good now, click the G30SF 45ACP link in my sig line below and learn much more about the versatile Glock 30 you just bought. The research has additional links, photos and videos for the following topics:
    • Magazine Options
    • Physical Size
    • Caliber Conversions and Ammo
    • GSSF Match Competition
    • Very Manageable Recoil
    • Dual Role for Concealed Carry and Home Defense
    • Outstanding Accuracy

9. bear62

bear62 Armed Bear

Love my G27 ....... so I guess I love polymer. However when I don't feel like going to the gym ...... I lug my Ruger P90 around all day!!.......:rofl: