close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Polorized Sunglasses? (Fishing)

Discussion in 'Hunting, Fishing & Camping' started by mossy500camo, Mar 2, 2007.

1. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    I want to be more productive in my fishing adventures. I see alot of people wearing Polorized sunglasses. Do these things work and perform like advertised? What brand & colors do you recommend? Thanks Mossy!

2. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    Noway, Thanks for the info. I will check them out.:thumbsup:

3. Costa Del Mar........... I like the Fathoms.

4. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    agarr, Thanks for the info.:thumbsup:

5. They are the greatest things for sight fishing.
    I have had ALOT of types.... Right now I use Bolle Titans... they work well. I like them cuz they are amber lenses, and they have a light bluish hue on the inside. The bluish hue cuts down offshore glare more than other colors, and the amber makes those offshore fish (Wahoo, Mahi, Cobia etc) stand out more against the deep blue background.

I am always the first person to see something in the boat. I am usually casting when others are just seeing the fish.

Alot of people try to get a color lens that matches the water color, but to me the contrast is the key.

6. Hersh5317

Hersh5317

Feb 23, 2007
    PA
    I don't fish, but I wear Native Eyewear glasses. Lifetime warranty and lens replacement, even if it is your fault. They work great. The interchangeable lenses are nice too.

7. ArmaGlock

ArmaGlock Glock Armorer

Dec 28, 2005
    Florida
    Ocean Waves...they have a big selection of frames and lenses...I've been wearing them for 5 years...great glasses. www.oceanwaves.com

8. 357glocker

357glocker

Oct 28, 2002
    NE
    I use the cheapo's from walmart. $10 last time I bought a pair. I use the blue shaded ones. I can't afford to spend a ton of money on a pair of glasses I'm going to step on, smash, or drop in the water when bowfishing. They work fine for me!

9. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Nov 22, 2005
    SE Michigan
    Same here. Stay with the amber ones though. If you've never used polorized glasses when fishing you will be amazed when you do.

10. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    357 & Pyzik, Thats eactly what I wanted to hear. "elcheapo" Thanks!:thumbsup:

11. mossy500camo

mossy500camo ammo found

Sep 27, 2004
    WAR EAGLE COUNTRY
    I finally bought myself a pair of 'Renegade' shades. MAN! I just cant get over the difference these glasses made. I saw fish before everyone else and caught more fish. They were all little Bass. But... Hey! Polorized sunglasses made a believer out of me. Thanks for all of the help.

ps
    I bought the brown tint. I will be buying different shades soon.:thumbsup:

12. Pyzik

Pyzik Zombie Hunter

Nov 22, 2005
    SE Michigan