close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Polls of NRA members??

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by Chuckc, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Chuckc

Chuckc

Dec 28, 2009
    SW, WA
    Does anyone know the source of the continuing statements by Obama and other gun control proponents, that the majority of NRA members support "universal" background checks and support a limit on magazine capacity? I personally find these statements hard to believe. But.....I'm willing to be convinced.
    If there were polls, did the respondents self-identify as NRA members? How were the questions constructed?
    Anyone??

2. bobtheelf

bobtheelf

Sep 3, 2012
    Nashville
    His ass? That'd be my guess for the source.

3. Dawolf

Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Arizona
    Counting on media zombies to kep saying that over and over so eventually the sheeple will believe it.

4. vettely

vettely

Nov 28, 2006
    TX
    That's funny. Sad but very true.

5. VinnieD

VinnieD

Mar 26, 2011
    I sure as hell don't. Not this is your typical statist tactic of telling the plebeians what to think. Repeat it enough times and control what is perceived as truth.

6. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    They probably have been reading post right here in this forum. Go back a few weeks and look. It's disgusting how many "gun" owners support this crap (NICS and reduced magazine capacities). They believe the only way to win is to give something. The way they justify giving-in to the anties to be win is beyond my comprehension. :shakehead: :puking:

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  7. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    MY OWN WIFE keeps drinking the Kool Aid. I had to have a little heart to heart with her tonight (again). This time, she was convinced universal NICS was a good idea. I finally showed her the folly of "high capacity magazines", now I hope I have done the same with this silliness of background checks for everyone.

8. KCHORNS

KCHORNS

Jan 15, 2010
    I'm NRA and I'm proud of their stand. No new laws, Period. You vote for new gun laws, then you loose your job.

9. John_NJ

John_NJ

Jan 15, 2013
    NJ
    NRA here. I've wrote the governor, state, federal reps telling them I will not accept any more gun control measures. We already have enough and more just places undue burdens on the law abiding citizens.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

10. krunchnik

krunchnik THE CROW

Aug 24, 2009
    Lakeland,TN
    Have been a NRA member for several years now.Read my lips No More New Laws.I appose any new concessions on the law abiding.

11. QNman

QNman resU deretsigeR Silver Member

Oct 5, 2005
    St. Louis, MO
    I think most of us oppose any - and I mean ANY - more impositions upon our rights. There is no "compromise" in this.

12. Dawolf

Dawolf

Sep 18, 2010
    Arizona
    G.O.A. is pretty much the same, including some LEO's:
    http://gunowners.org/oped02042013.htm

13. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
    Are those the same polls that consistanly report 10 times more NRA members than the NRA itself claims?

If we learned anything about the antis, it is that they can't win on the facts so they resorted to lies a long time ago. They are perfectly eilling to use flawed polls, as long as they can be spun to the anti agenda.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2013
  14. 1gewehr

1gewehr

Mar 22, 2006
    Mid TN
    Ditto!!!

15. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    Politicians lie for a living, Obama just made it up! Ever played poker? it was a bluff, and we need to call it!

16. oneuglygun

oneuglygun

Apr 23, 2010
    Bluegrass
    I am tired of trying to reason with insanity ! Give them NOTHING ! They are ALL crazy ! Who do they think is buying all the Firearms and ammo since December ? It ain't the NRA ! It was just reported there have been close to 4 million background ckecks in 2013 !! The NRA does not represent ALL of the gun owners in the U S. If all the gun owners were members they would really be scared. You may have noticed they never mention that all branches of the Government use firearms Instructors that are NRA certified ! Guess they want to distance themselves from that !!

17. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    He just makes stuff up, flings it around and hopes people believes it because he said it.

18. AGF0526

AGF0526

May 19, 2003
    LOUISVILLE KY
    A lie told often enough becomes the truth. Vladimir Lenin

19. domin8ss

domin8ss

Feb 20, 2012
    I'd like to be NRA, but they haven't processed my membership. I wrote the check and mailed it with the application that came with my new Remington 870. It has been several weeks now. What gives.

20. Pythonman

Pythonman

Jul 30, 2004
    Uh, in case you haven't noticed the NRA's been just a tad busier than usual. Don't know why but that's just how 'tis. I re-upped my membership by phone 12/21/12 and just got my membership card and package last week. So hang in there, they're working on it!:cool: