close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Poll: Libertarian Party nominee could be spoiler in Nevada -- for Obama

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by GAFinch, Oct 11, 2012.

1. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454
    Expand Collapse

OctoberRust
    I'm not here to convince you or any other Liberterian. Just pointing out the facts! Fact #1 Garry Johnson will not win the election. Fact #2 if you vote for Garry Johnson you will be in fact voting Obamamoa back into office! Do you really think Garry will win in NV? Fact # 3 Obamamoa will not give you the "Freedom" you all say your for- just the opposite! Fact #4 you say you supoort the COTUS so why would you help the most destructive POTUS in our history back into office? So you decide =vote for Garry =help Obamamoa or vote for Mittt and get rid of Obamamoa!:supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. OctoberRust

OctoberRust
    Expand Collapse
    Anti-Federalist

Gun nut, I suggest you look up the definition of a fact. :rofl:

plus now a vote for Johnson = a vote for Romney, according to this OP. :rofl: So we're good man! I'm on your side! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

3. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

How is helping Romney beat Obama helpful to gun owners? I don't buy your SCOTUS argument. The justices aren't as old as you want people to believe. Two will have barely turned 80 when Obama is finished, and the only one older than that is a liberal.

I don't believe Romney will veto any gun control if it gets to him, just as Obama wouldn't. The only assurance that he would came second hand through a washed up B-list rock star. He has never expressed any regret for his actions in MA, and more importantly, for his anti-gun statements that went along with them.

It's up to congress to defend the RKBA for at least the next four years. The president is a lost cause.

The president may cease to be a lost cause 4 years sooner if Obama wins. A Romney win would mean at least 8 years of an anti-gun president. Either 8 years of Romney or 4 of Romney followed by at least 4 of a Democrat.

That's my answer. As far as Johnson, I don't know. I'm not voting for him.

#43 Gundude, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  4. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

Could be. I live in Nevada and if I voted for Johnson instead of whom I'm planning to vote for, it would definitely help Romney.

5. RyanBDawg

RyanBDawg
    Expand Collapse

Impossible, Glock Talk has already confirmed that if you vote for anyone other than Romney you are an evil communist Muslim who hates America and are helping Obama.

6. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon
    Expand Collapse
    "Cracker"

No, no, no. Voting for Johnson is a vote for obama. :whistling:

7. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

No, no, no. I thought it was that if you couldn't tow thr party line and vot mittens you were really liberal coming out of the closet and loved Barry.:rofl:

Oh yeah, and you hated Jesus, apple pie and your mother.

#47 jlavallee, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  8. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

Yet, if you HAD to choose Romney or Obama - no 3rd choice and no refusing to vote - you seem to say you'd choose Romney.

That is what I see among Libertarians, which is why I keep pointing out that every single one who votes Libertarian is helping reelect Obama. (Obviously, if there are some who choose Obama if they had to choose between the 2, then theeir Libertarian vote helps Romney)

#48 Bren, Oct 12, 2012
  9. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

javallee just told you his would be. It's as simple as first grade math and those of you who pretend you can't figure it out just look foolish to most people here.

10. Vic777

Vic777
    Expand Collapse

The lieberals are counting on the moron vote to carry them over the finish line.

11. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

If I was forced to vote then yes, I would vote Romney. But I am not forced and I would rather stay home than endorse a steaming pile like him. His only positive is he's slightly less *****y than Obama. Neither Obama or Romney is fit to grace the oval office so no voting for either of them.

I don't agree with Johnson as much as I did with Paul but he actually believes in the core principal our nation was founded on (individual liberty) so I have no issues supporting him.

If the GOP wanted my vote, they could have played fair and in addition would have to at least stand against NDAA and Patriot Act in their platform. As it stands, this primary season really woke me up to how statist the GOP has become. Personally, unless there is an outstanding candidate I will never vote GOP again even in local and state races. I'm voting for liberty or I am not voting.

12. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

And on the state front I've been down this path before supporting Heller and even Angle.

Heller has been a virtual disaster supporting the NDAA and going on with crap legislation that is only good for sound bites. He did OK on Gun legislation but hell, we're caught in a similar situation again with him and Berkley. She is typical nut job liberal retard but after supporting NDAA which is totally unconstitutional, I can't support Heller again. And the difference between those two is much bigger than mittens vs. Obama.

I actually donated money to Angle multiple times in 2010 hoping to be rid of Reid but the stupid bag had to go all bible thumper in the end and screws herself. Personally, I still think Reid cheated but either way, I am done supporting these GOP freaks. Even when they win (see Heller) America gets screwed.

How about we just follow the damn Constitution? The only President in my Lifetime that I'd even invite in for a beer was Reagan (well, maybe Ford) and while old Ron talked a good game, he did plenty to grow government. I want government out of my life and wallet. If it isn't in article 1 section 8 then the feds shouldn't be doing it.

Voting has become similar to being sent to prison and being asked do you want to be raped in the shower (Republicans) or be gang raped (Democrats) and the real answer is not to go to prison.

13. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

The difference here being you will get either Romney or Obama. Voting for neither won't get you neither.

14. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

That won't be my fault. I won't have either Presidency on my hands. The people that play party over principal are to blame for that and voting lesser evils has given us the train wreck of government we've had.

Honestly, who was our last good President? We've had statists pretty much since Cleveland. The voting population is split between two crazy factions with one the modern liberal who places primary importance on spending other peoples money and redistribution of wealth and the other the right wing bible thumping nut jobs who believe it is our right to have government legislate their morality and go to war to further their views.

The majority are caught in the middle swaying to one side or another based on personal views and personal gain. The growing few are libertarians who don't mind either side as long as they keep their ***** to themselves.

Without any remaining serious fiscal responsibility platforms in place, the one thing that leaned libertarians to the GOP is gone. Their war monger ways and totalatarian statist mentality with PATRIOT Act and NDAA were the last straw.

15. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

That's the whole point - if you like Romney a little more than Obama, and would vote Romney if forced, then deciding to vote third party, or stay home, is a benefit to Obama and a choice the democrats hope you'll make. Even on this forum, there are some of them trying to convince people to stay home on election day. Every one they convince to stay home is as good as getting to cast an extra vote for Obama.

Yes, you will. A child should be able to see that. You think Obama is the worst choice and, therefore, your choice to stay home benefits him. If Obama wins, it is on your hands. If Romney wins, it is not.

#55 Bren, Oct 12, 2012
  16. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

Sigh, you just don't get it at all. I don't like Romney at all, I just despise him a little less than Obama. I WILL NOT VOTE FOR EITHER A-HOLE.

You guys need to wake the hell up and realize that we get crap politicians because of people like YOU who vote lesser evil.

If Obama gets back in then I can live with that almost as easily as Romney. The upside is in four years there is a slim chance at electing someone worthy of the office. If Romney wins he might be less crappy now but with the rules change the GOP establishment forced through it is going to be mittens in 2016 against the usual Dem clown so we loose either way.

The GOP and anyone who can't accept that I will only vote for a person who respects the Constitution can go **** themselves. A vote to support this GOP will NEVER happen.

Imagine a Romney win in 2012 results in a Romney run in 2016 and the a Ryan run in 2020. 12 years of statist idiots. Anyone supporting the GOP or Dem candidate is clueless.

#56 jlavallee, Oct 12, 2012
  17. Gundude

Gundude
    Expand Collapse

I agree with that completely. I would add that guns were the other thing that leaned libertarians to the GOP, but that is also gone, at least in the presidential race.

The only difference in our positions is what we intend to do. You choose not to dirty yourself with a vote for either potential winner, while I seem to have grown resistent to the stench in politics and will vote for the guy with the earlier expiration date and less chance of getting anything done. I don't fault your choice, though. I've made it a few times myself in the past.

By the way, I see you're in Reno too. Get out shooting much? WCSF or just open desert?

18. jlavallee

jlavallee
    Expand Collapse

If you want to hold your nose then go ahead. The party and candidate are obviously not as repulsive to you as they are to me. I've held my nose in the past but the GOP has clearly abandoned anything that I value for the pro war, police state so I can't abide the stench any longer. It's probably a good thing because they have never been fiscal conservatives or Constitutionalists anyway even though they had points on their platform.

Eventually the US will become a 3 party system or the GOP will get in line because the social conservatives are more and more repulsive to people. Unfortunately, that has traditionally brought votes to the Democrats because of the lesser evil thing.

I occasionally get to an IDPA match but usually just desert stuff.

19. jakebrake

jakebrake
    Expand Collapse
    cracker

i'm guessing you are a male? well, you stand a better chance iof getting pregnant.

and, what's up with the bloody kisses album cover as an avatar, yet october rust as a username?