Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Politician saying being a Victim is better ....

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by bymorris, Mar 8, 2012.

1. bymorris

Feb 20, 2012
    Durham, NC

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Aug 10, 2010
    Thanks for the share...Good quick view...***Interesting comments In the story...!

The guy is a loon...

3. MinnesnowtaWild

Dec 26, 2011
    That gun control seems to work really good for Washington D.C.

But seriously, it would be really interesting to see how D.C. would change as far as violent crime if they allowed their citizens to carry. It would be a good test case.
  4. Well then Mr. Deputy Mayor...
    Perhaps you should tell your Police Body Guards to leave their guns at home when you are out in public.
    Fat chance of that.
    I hope someday he has to tell someone he loves that it is better that they were a victim over the horrible act of defending yourself.
    What a typical politician jerk he is.
    Sad though that they are mostly like him. Out of touch with reality.
  5. How do you replace body parts?
  6. Am I the only one who sees something evil, sinister, and despotic about this statement? Not by the poster here in this quoted piece, but by those whom we hire in government who think like this.

I live about 35 miles from the DC line and I avoid that garbage dump like crazy. The last time I was in that hole was the summer of 2006. There is nothing there I want, need, or desire. When I was a teenager, DC was the watering hole for weekend folly (read that as drinking, bars, and buying to go). But that was a long time ago. I can no more imagine living in DC than living in Iran. Not for me.
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2012
  7. fiasconva

May 4, 2008
    York County, VA
    I wonder how many times he's gone anywhere without his body guards. He should tell them they are no longer needed.
  8. TexanRon

TexanRon Come 'n Take It

Jan 6, 2008
    That is about the scariest thing I have ever seen and heard. Like SouthernBoy said, this is evil incarnate in that this type of thinking is all too prevalent in our politicians. It almost appears as satire, but I know it's not. How depraved a thought process do you have to have to become like this? Sick. Scary.
  9. xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    Yeah it's no big deal. Just let 'em rough you up a little bit.
  10. fxstchewy

Oct 5, 2008
    Statesville, NC
    Nah, i think if i am getting robbed or whatever i am going to do all i can to stop it, That Guy is a IDIOT.
  11. HKLovingIT

HKLovingIT Resident Evil

Aug 20, 2010
    Out On The Tiles
    Perhaps he would prefer that they wind up like these poor kids.

Channon Christian and Christopher Newsom

Google it.

Here is the thing, if three dudes run up on you guns drawn, do they just want your wallet, do they want to take you with them, are they trying to kill you on the spot (not likely or they would have just started shooting, but...)? Like all things its a crapshoot, but you know their intentions ain't good. What you don't know is just how bad their intentions are, maybe just a robbery, maybe worse, maybe much worse.

Where I take issue with the politician's line of thinking is he assumes a little too much the good humor and tender mercies of the criminal and he also does not want a citizen who is so inclined to have an option to defend themselves from predation or someone who is interested in doing more harm than taking some property from you on the street. :faint:

Now to be a bit contrarian...

Cases like the one I listed above in my first paragraph are sensational, scary and horrific, but also extremely, extremely rare. The basic premise of just "give up your wallet and cell" and walk away isn't really terrible advice for most folks. 99% chance it's just a run of the mill street robbery.

If a guy catches me completely flatfooted and unaware, pulls a gun and puts it to my head and says give me your wallet or I'll blow your head off, I'm giving him my wallet. I have no delusions about whipping out a cool commando disarm move or outdrawing a drawn pistol pointed at my face. YMMV. Now if he says go back in that alley or get in this car, - F - no. You do what you gotta do to avoid the move to the secondary crime scene.
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2012
  12. bdcremer

bdcremer The No SpinZone

Apr 8, 2005
    Metro Atlanta, GA
    Isn't it ironic that with all these politicians that take an oath to uphold the constitution, they live and work in one of the most dangerous cities because they do not uphold the constitution. People get the government they ask for.
  13. Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    Simply psychotic.:faint:
  14. writwing

Jan 23, 2008
    Its all about creating more people dependent on the government for help.
  15. H&K 4 LIFE

H&K 4 LIFE Leonum A Ignis

Jan 27, 2009
    Simply put, these types of people do not take personal responsibility for their own safety and security nor that of their loved ones, so they somehow conclude that others shouldn't be afforded that opportunity.

Sadly, unless these people were to actually become the victim of a violent crime at some point in their lives their screwed up logic will likely remain unchanged. It's real easy to say "just play the victim" when that victim isn't you.
  16. DaverZ

Aug 12, 2006
    What a complete utter moron.This guy seems to be trying to make the streets safer....for the muggers and other cretens.Is this how they are upholding our constitutional right?Bottom line is that they are willingly or unwittingly trying to give the upper hand to the criminals
  17. +Are you serious??? He's retarded!!!!!!!
  18. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

Mar 11, 2008
    with some of he downright scary things they say in public. i sometimes wonder what they say in private.
  19. hosieford

Apr 22, 2004
    Tucson, Arizona
    I know this is said a lot in response to posts like this but I have to repeat "I'm so glad I live in Arizona!" I carry everyday and take great comfort in the fact that I have the right to protect myself and my family with the proper tools to be effective.