close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Political Correctness Gone Mad

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Officer X, Jun 20, 2013.

1. metal

metal

Jul 26, 2004
    Not quite Detroit
    So... let me get this straight, racial profiling was illegal (ok, fine) but now criminal profiling is too?

2. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Aug 13, 2004
    far from home
  3. Ducowti

Ducowti

Jan 11, 2009
    NY
    This would just force description transmission over cel instead to avoid being recorded using um, descriptive descriptors that might get officers sued, which will result in even more complaints of, 'the poleece always use their phone in the car why cant I?' Win all around! :upeyes:

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

4. ray9898

ray9898

May 29, 2001
    Georgia
    "All units.....BOLO for robbery suspect....white t-shirt and jeans".

That will help.

5. chargingzebra

chargingzebra

Sep 15, 2012
    This proposed law appears to be related only to the Stop and Frisk program, not the transmission of descriptions over dispatch radio.

Randomly stopping a member of whatever race bases solely on that fact alone is wrong. Describing someone accurately by naming their most defining characteristics (race, gender, age) is not.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. FourthPointOfContact

FourthPointOfContact

Jul 23, 2007
    - - emphasis and web-linkery added by me.

Never let the truth get in the way of an entertaining tin foil rant.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2013
  7. Mrs.Cicero

Mrs.Cicero Wayward Member

Aug 13, 2004
    far from home
    You can't say that! It's racist against tin foil! :supergrin:

8. Racial profiling is already illegal and you cannot randomly stop somebody because of their physical characteristics without RAS.

The article quotes that this law would prevent the descriptio of 'suspects'. I do not know for certain how the law is worded, but a suspect would be somebody who is suspected of committing an offense or crime and now it appears that using these factors to describe them will be made illegal with this law.

Stop and Frisk is governed by Terry v. Ohio and to do so, you need RAS that the person you are stopping/frisking is armed and dangerous.

9. If a description comes over as "fat," I'm suing. Fat is a protected class under the ADA.

10. jtull7

jtull7 Pistolero CLM

Jan 27, 2006
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    "All hail to our wonderful leader Obama!"

The article states that the possible ordinance is being considered by the NYC City Council.

I am no Obamaite, but, for God's sake, why does someone always have to bring in Obama hatred in every thread? OBAMA HAS NOTHING WHATSOEVER TO DO WITH THE SUBJECT UNDER DISCUSSION.

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

You're absolutely right.

This is all Bush's fault!

12. BenjiEDF

BenjiEDF

Jun 15, 2012
    "The bill's sponsor, Jumaane Williams (D-Brooklyn)" :elephant:

13. As one commenter posted, if passed, crime may revert to the levels during the 80's. Boy, that was a fun time. As they say, you get the Government you deserve. If you get a chance, read some of the comments. The ones posted by current and former NYPD members are spot on.....

14. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    We prefer "gravitationally challenged"

Randy

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Ohub Campfire mobile app

15. ....or Horizontally Challenged........:supergrin:

16. Kichigai

Kichigai 気違い Was Mr30s

Apr 13, 2013
    South Florida
    Stop and Frisk is govt gone mad.....it should be stopped completely

17. Do you even know what it is? It's called a Terry stop. Look it up. I wish people would actually look into things instead of opening their mouths and showing how ignorant they are on a subject.

18. oldman11

oldman11

Mar 1, 2012
    Texas
    That doesn't surprise me. NYC does everything it can to help the criminals out, and every thing they can to hinder honest citizens.