close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Polish Fire Trucks

Discussion in 'Firefighter/EMS Talk' started by Nestor, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Nestor

Nestor
    Expand Collapse
    Lean & Mean

I thought you may be interested in this kind of pictures (I'm not an expert, just saw them in the park). Stay safe out there. Adam

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic
    Expand Collapse

The lack of lights on the side of the Tower worry me. I wouldn't want to be blocking a road with that thing... could also use some more reflective striping.

Also, maybe it's just the angle, but I don't really see much of a front hosebed for a preconnect or two. Our front-line engine has a 200 foot attack line and a 50 foot trash line good to go in the front bed, with a short shot on the side for a quick connect. If those reels are crosslays that's an interesting idea; might be a bit easier to flake out off the truck, but I still think a minuteman load would be quicker.

Interesting pics, though, thanks!

3. Tvov

Tvov
    Expand Collapse

It's funny you mention the lights. A brand new US fire apparatus has absolutely tons of lights all over it. Next time I see ours I will try to count all of the strobes/flashers/revolving lights. Especially on the ladder truck!

Good looking equipment there. I am assuming those are booster lines (maybe 1 or 1 1/2 inch?) as opposed to hose reels. I like the booster lines, I wish our equipment had them. The old engines used to, but I guess it was considered an "old timers thing" so all the new engines just have crosslays and a bumper hose (if setup for it). So whenever we go to a garbage can fire or mulch fire, we have to take off an 1 3/4 crosslay and have to repack it after using it for a minute or two, instead of just hitting a booster reel button.

4. Tvov

Tvov
    Expand Collapse

Another thing I just noticed is the lack of grills on the front. Those must be mid- or rear-engine trucks? Interesting.

5. 4095fanatic

4095fanatic
    Expand Collapse

I don't have any research done on this, but I'm willing to bet firetrucks are more likely to be hit because of a lack of lights rather than too many.

6. fireguy129

fireguy129
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member 2008

it looks like the tower has the doghouse between the two rear doors. looks funny with blue lights!!

7. Nestor

Nestor
    Expand Collapse
    Lean & Mean

Just out of curiosity - what is the doghouse?

8. Tvov

Tvov
    Expand Collapse

You mean the rear doors of the cab? That could be the motor.

9. Tvov

Tvov
    Expand Collapse

More lights the merrier. Certainly nothing wrong with safety. It is just that the newest apparatus here in the USA are just covered with lights. I just went to a call (minor wires across the road), and forgot to count lights on our ladder truck. We just set up an F-550 as a brush truck / mini pumper about 1 1/2 years ago, and I was amazed at how much we "had" to spend on emergency lighting (according to NFPA... I think it is NFPA that has specs for equipment). Flashers in the bumper, grill, at front and rear corners, on the side, roof lights, rear bumper flashers, etc.

10. nsb22

nsb22
    Expand Collapse
    TEAM OAF

The doghouse is what we call the engine housing on vans and older fire trucks.

I find it interesting that they use the same style, desing wise, that we use.

11. FirNaTine

FirNaTine
    Expand Collapse

That is because they are American fire trucks. Look close they are E-One's

12. Pa Glock guy

Pa Glock guy
    Expand Collapse

I found that interesting too. Usually Euporean countries use European apparatus manufacturers and chassis.