close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Police Trade in G-19

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by s64woody, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Jim C.

Jim C.

Nov 18, 2010
    Sounds like the one I got from Aim, even down to the WS serial number. My sights were dead also but lined up. I didn't even want to take it to the range with the NY1 trigger spring, so I bought a complete spring kit, dot connector, G17 smooth trigger for it and installed everything last night along with a Vickers extended mag release and slide stop I had in my parts box. I had it at my LGS over the weekend and had them install a fresh set of night sights.

Not surprisingly, the trigger pull is much nicer with the dot connector/standard trigger spring than with the standard connector/NY1 spring combination. I'm looking forward to my next range trip.

[​IMG]

2. tango44

tango44

Jun 16, 2005
    Miami Florida
    G19 Gen2 is the perfect pistol!
    Mine has more than 10,000 rounds and I love it!
    Congrats and thank you for your service!
    Enjoy!

3. mikesull415

mikesull415

May 27, 2009
    What I want to know is how do you find out when they have these? I've been looking for a decent condition gen 2 19 for a while now and would have jumped all over it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

4. tercel89

tercel89

Mar 28, 2005
    Tn
    When you guys are taking these 8lb triggers and making them "normal weight: again , are you just putting in a regular connector and leaving the trigger spring in ?
    My police turn-in Gen 2 G17 had the 8lb connector and I replaced it with a regular connector and it seems like a normal one now . Do I need to replace my trigger spring and or striker spring ? It fires just fine and feels good . Just wondering ?

5. Jim C.

Jim C.

Nov 18, 2010
    Go to the "notify me" link on this page.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1Glk19Gen2&name=Glock%2019%209mm%20Handgun%20Gen%202%20Used%20with%2015rd%20mag

You have to be pretty quick when you get the notification email. I'd also recommend making sure your dealer's FFL is on file with Aim if they aren't already.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  6. Jim C.

Jim C.

Nov 18, 2010
    Since I was doing a complete tear-down on a pistol with who knows how many rounds downrange, I decided to replace just about everything I could while I had it apart, so I installed both a new spring and connector.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2012
  7. tercel89

tercel89

Mar 28, 2005
    Tn
    The reason I asked was because it still functioned just fine , I just wanted the trigger weight reduced back to factory 5lbs .

8. mikesull415

mikesull415

May 27, 2009
  9. duke77togo

duke77togo

Apr 27, 2009
    Alabama
    Funny. I recently picked up one of these gen2 pistols as well, the rear sight on mine was drifted all the way to the left. :dunno:

10. s64woody

s64woody

Jan 7, 2009
    UPDATE: Replaced the connector with a 3.5. Left the NY1 installed. Now have a very nice trigger. Pulled the dead Trijicon sights, to be returned to Trijicon for tube replacement. Installed TFO night sites. Very happy with this item now.

11. stolenphot0

stolenphot0 RTF2 Addict

Jan 26, 2012
    Kettering, OH
    what's it cost to get the lamps changed out?

ETA: Google is my friend

"They'll replace the lamps for $18/lamp....or $54.00/gun."

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  12. Jim C.

Jim C.

Nov 18, 2010
    Is there any easy way to tell if my old sights are in fact Trijicon? I don't recall them having any markings on them. BTW, I was wrong about them being dead; after checking in a dark room with night-adjusted eyes they still have a *very* faint glow.

I wasn't sure what I was going to do with the old sights, but if they're Trijicon it would probably be worth sending them in for fresh tubes when the next "new to me" Glock shows up.

13. tercel89

tercel89

Mar 28, 2005
    Tn
    I always wondered about these night sights being radioactive. I have carried a Glock 22 on duty for 15 yrs and every now and then I wonder if the radiation is enough to do anything harmful to a persons body , especially since they are near the "privates" when in holster :wow:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  14. Jim C.

Jim C.

Nov 18, 2010
    Nothing to worry about unless you eat or huff the sights. ;) The question comes up occasionally on watch discussion boards since there are a few watches on the market (Luminox, Traser, Marathon) which also use tritium capsules for illumination. Tritium encased in capsules isn't strong enough to penetrate the skin. Even if broken, it should dissipate fairly quickly.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tritium_illumination
    Tritium presents no external radiation threat when encapsulated in non-hydrogen-permeable containers due to its low penetration depth, which is insufficient to penetrate intact human skin. The primary danger from tritium arises if it is inhaled, ingested, injected or otherwise absorbed into the body. This results in the emitted radiation being absorbed in a relatively small region of the body, again due to the low penetration depth. The biological half-life of tritium—the time it takes for half of an ingested dose to be expelled from the body—is low, at only 12 days. Tritium excretion can be accelerated further by increasing water intake to 3-4 liters/day.[2]

Last edited: Aug 13, 2012
  15. cadillacguns

cadillacguns Millennium Member

Jan 20, 1999
    Indianapolis, IN USA
    Call Trijicon in Wixom Michigan

Customer Service
    Monday – Friday
    9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST

Phone: 1-800-338-0563

ask for ERIC

I send my skide back for $54 shipped, 3 lamp replacement.