Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

police shooting in edsa yesterday night

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by 3kings, Feb 18, 2009.

1. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    did you see the video in the news this evening?

an abs cbn news team took video of police (not wearing uniform) with long arms shot a suspect pointblank inside car twice

so whats the story?
  2. edtf

Oct 10, 2007

3. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Too many bullets, too little training, too much adrenaline, no tactics whatsoever.

Let's just hope the perps in the car were really hardened criminals.

The CHR is gonna be b****ing about this for a long time!
  4. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Jan 11, 2005
    So nothing has changed since we migrated, salvage pa rin.:shakehead:
  5. productionguy

productionguy what a move!!!!

Dec 11, 2006
    in the province
    malaki ang pinagbago mang danny....dati kinukuha ang suspect sa bahay or hide out then sinasalvage tapos tinatapon sa ilog or sa gubat....
    ngayon sinasalvage na sa harap ng maraming tao at ginagawan na ng script para maging isang pelikula...pero kulang pa din sa galing ang director at mga artista kaya hindi nagiging pang awards night...flop palagi ang pelikula
    tsk tsk tsk...tamang intensyon sa maling paraan,,,pwede naman nilang gawing tahimik at hindi na dapat ibulgar ng ganun...
  6. edtf

Oct 10, 2007
    Same sentiments exactly - geeezzz great minds think a like! Too brazen for me.
    Half of me says good for them but the other half says not that way
  7. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    hindi ba kayo natatakot?
    WHAT IF napagkamalan lang yun and the intelligence report (or lack of) sumablay?
    WHAT IF the badguys used the same car as the one you are using?

it looks like the some LEOs nowadays shoot first before asking. very very disturbing!

now if that particular situation happened to you and you where mistaken as the badguy simply because your vehicle looks like the one they are chasing. you as a responsible gun owner saw an unmarked, not uniformed people chasing you with guns... WHAT WILL YOU DO?

will this be a case of its better them (dead) than me situation? then get a good lawyer

very scary!
  8. bikethief

bikethief itchy trigger

Eric, that's why I installed a big bike rack on my roof and lots of stickers on my rear windshield. So my car doesn't look like any other car on the road!

Try painting polkadots or a big spongebob on your hood to identify your car. Your uniqueness will keep you alive!
  9. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    Tim, you are right. my kids are fond of spongebob and patrick too. time to put the sticker on my car

and im a homer simpson fan i will put this in my van, para medyo may dating

10. Capt.Barbel

Capt.Barbel Humanda sila!

Mar 16, 2006
    barbel ni enteng
    Malas lang ng mga suspects, napunta pa sila sa QC! :supergrin:
  11. kontra

Nov 7, 2006

same sentiments here.

an unidentified man chases you, in an unmarked car. points a gun at you, what would you do? i think i would do what most of us will do.

now, let's say you are a victim of mistaken identity (as they always conveniently use). and you happen to have a pistol with you in your vehicle (of course with the required PTCFOR). they shoot and kill you. they find your pistol, they can easily put it in your hands to make it appear that you are pointing it at them, when you are actually just sitting there in shock. they can easily make up stories to cover their *****e$. you are a law abiding citizen with a clean record. a family man. with a mistaken identity, all that you worked for can be gone. what's worse, your family will be left behind with all the heartaches and the people responsible will just get a slap on the wrist.

a very scary scenario. but it is not impossible to happen.

again, i still believe not all PNP personnel are like that. it is the rotten apples, hoodlums in uniforms, etc are what is tarnishing the image of the PNP.
  12. 3kings

3kings SalingPusa

Jan 4, 2005
    just thinking of it gives shivers down my spine.
    ang safe lang yata dito yung merong mga bodyguards.

take care guys!
  13. bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    another potential blackeye if the allegations are true. Scary stuff.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2009
  14. quick

quick what, me worry?

Jan 4, 2006
    my sentiments also. i see dozens of cars that are almost, if not exactly the same as my silver honda civic.

is this an excuse to buy outrageous bling-bling mags? :cool:

i think part of the problem arose from the fact that some of the alleged PNP personnel were NOT in uniforms.

just like most of us here, i would also draw and fire on armed civilians who were pointing guns at me. just as i would think that NONE of us here would draw and fire on persons in PNP uniforms.

while i am keenly aware of the dangers faced by our policement every single day while on the job, i also hope that the PNP command does some serious work on its operational procedures to minimize incidents of "mistaken identity."

it would totally ruin my day of i got shot...
  15. i_am_infinity

i_am_infinity Pang Altar

Jun 20, 2005
    To Infinity and Beyond
    Guys, i wasn't able to see this on the news. Any links to a video? thanks
  16. dbiggershot

May 31, 2008
    pero guys, what if this guys are really "Hard Criminals" nga, do you think we will still have that impression about the LEOs?..

Sample yung suspects na mga yun e rapist na ang biniktima is batang paslit dahil nakadroga sila, or maybe a kidnap for ransom group, or maybe an akyat bahay gang na pinatay ang buong pamilyang inosente?

well pinaka importante dito we can see and read the real story so that we can judge the scenario whether who are really at fault.. :suntan:
  17. dbiggershot

May 31, 2008
    OT: ako kasi, ayaw ko naman if mga ganung pagkakataon e bigyan natin ng masamang impression ang kapulisan natin, kasi nakakapag low-moral sa kanila yun.. maybe their are some instances na ang ibang police ay masama, pero di naman siguro lahat.

Salvage??, di na yata uso, pero politics salvaging meron, mas grabe pa yata at high-tech na rin ang style..hehe!
  18. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Jan 22, 2004
    almost home

Find me a believable explanation for the manner of the videotaped gunfire:
    one that doesn't mean a violation of PNP rules of engagement, let alone
    the vehicle occupants' rights.

Just because the majority of LEO's are heroes doesn't mean there aren't
    murderers among them. Just because the PNP deserves our support
    doesn't mean we shoud support their fatal misdeeds.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009
  19. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

Jun 4, 2005
    Assuming they are hardened criminals I'm still not in favor on how some of them acted.

"As seen in the video, a cop in civilian uniform fired at point blank range on the body of the suspect. I don't know why he did that (galit lang sobra or he wants to make sure that the suspect is dead) but it makes an amateur look pale in comparison. Its like seeing a high school kid give a sucker punch at a helpless guy in a frat war...very unprofessional. And if you notice, those who lack the training and experience are normally the ones that are like that. Its probably because they want to prove something to themselves. "

I believe that as Policemen they should distinctively be different from the "bad guys" on the way they do things. The guy is down so what's with the ala assasin bangx2 action ?

But overall...I have a good impression about LEOs in general, its just that there are some of them that do not live up to the badge.
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2009