close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Police Response Times

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by wjv, Oct 29, 2013.

1. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    I finally figured out why police response times are so bad. .

Been watching:
    - Starsky & Hutch
    - Adam 12
    - CHiPs
    - NCIS
    - Hawaii Five-O (old)
    - Hawaii Five-O (new)
    - Third Watch
    - Miami Vice
    - Nash Bridges
    - Numb3rs
    - Flashpoint

Every time a hot call comes in, these guys are going the wrong direction. . They have to whip a 180 and burn some rubber in a highly dramatic fashion. .

If you guys would just be going in the correct direction in the first place, you could probably cut 30-45 seconds off of your response times, and save a lot of wear and tear on your tires!!!

:tongueout:

That is all. . . . .

2. Hell, I wish we could solve a who-done-it and make the arrest within 60 minutes (and have some commercial breaks in-between).

Last edited: Oct 30, 2013

3. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I want to be able to carry all sorts of weapons, including gold and stainless Desert Eagles, while wearing super fitted and tight suits, and run in those suits, without ripping the pants apart, or messing up my super coiffed and gelled hairdo.:supergrin:

4. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    I used every single opportunity to do a handbrake turn when a call came in.

Once I had about 100 people applauding me because of that... priceless moment.

Dont tell me you guys never did that...

5. Panzergrenadier1979

Panzergrenadier1979 Keystone Cop

Jan 16, 2009
    Central Pennsylvania
    Sometimes a little loose gravel is all you need for a little dramatic flair.:rolleyes:

6. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    When I was a medic, I asked my boss if I could put push bars on the front of my rig like the Crown Vics so if somebody refused to yield I could do a pit maneuver.

Essentially he said "no." It's hard for me to translate Spanish when they talk that fast while jumping up and down and flailing their arms.

I did catch something about my lineage, a motherless goat, the fleas of a thousand camels, and some anatomical stuff that isn't possible. Maybe I misunderstood.

Some people just aren't open to new ideas.

7. What's a handbrake turn?

If I'm driving, I just make a right, make another right, make one more right and then a left to go towards the call.

Or I jump off the bus, cross the street and get on the next bus going in the opposite direction.

I've seriously considered hailing a taxi, show my stinkin' badge and say "take me to XXX. And you can blow all the red lights. I'm here."

8. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    Let me guess, a call came in for power being out at the local drive-in movie?

9. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

We don't have handbrakes in American police cars. We have foot brakes. Kinda hard to make emergency turns with those brakes. But our Crown Victorias are way cooler than those police cars they use in Austria.:whistling:

10. txleapd

txleapd Hook 'Em Up

Aug 27, 2004
    TX
    Nobody wants to see that.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

It's a L.A. thing... our business suits have to be all nice and tightly fitted so we look like skinny runway models while at work. I don't make the rules, I just follow them.

12. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
  13. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

Sorry it took me so long to respond to this thread. I was on break.

14. wjv

wjv

Jan 17, 2002
    Pacific NW
    Was there a long line at Krispy Kreme?

15. TBO

TBO Why so serious? CLM

No, but Duncan Donuts was another story.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Copatalk 4

16. rdrkt

rdrkt

Feb 28, 2005
    Md
    I always said I wanted to work in division where you drove a sports car and shot automatic weapons.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M-a2CFplrhQ"]Jet Li - War Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

17. ranger1968

ranger1968

Mar 23, 2009
    Uhm....the pushbars on the front of a Vic-you know, the ones you see in the very front- aren't for doing the PIT....that's the wrong part of the front of the car, you do a PIT with the front corner area of the vehicle....

Just sayin.

18. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I tried doing those fancy martial arts moves in the skinny suits... let's just say it doesn't work out like it does in Hollywood.

19. OfficerChris

OfficerChris L.A. fanboy

Jan 19, 2007
    Schnitzelhausen
    No it was a "need immediate assistance" call by a friend and colleague who got dispatched to a fight in front of a club full of Balkans.

When I got there the street was full of people, maybe even more then 100, and my friend plus his partner somewhere in the middle.

I did a hollywood style - impress the Balkans - handbrake drift to stop and jumped out a second after the car stood still.

Worked, somehow reliefed the tension, everyone applauded and I thought "pretty cool to get money for that, thank god I didnt crash the car". :whistling:

No they are not

[​IMG]

:crying:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

kill me

Last edited: Oct 31, 2013