close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Police Officers Refused Service at Buffalo Wild Wings Because of Guns

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by RussP, Mar 26, 2013.

1. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    Police Officers Refused Service at Buffalo Wild Wings Because of Guns

Oh my...

2. razdog76

razdog76 Heavy Mettle

Sep 26, 2007
    Ohio

3. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    do they still have a BW3's in The Flats?

buffalo wild wings and weck.

4. TK-421

TK-421

Oct 12, 2012
    Pflugerville, TX
    Open carry would've prevented this. :whistling:

Oh wait... :tongueout:

5. Dumba$$ employee. At least the manager apologized for what happened and tried to make it better.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. blueiron

blueiron

Aug 10, 2004
    Federal civil rights violation.

Title 18, U.S.C., Section 245
    Federally Protected Activities

"2) Prohibits willful injury, intimidation, or interference or attempt to do so, by force or threat of force of any person because of race, color, religion, or national origin and because of his/her activity as:

f) a patron of any public accommodation, including hotels, motels, restaurants, lunchrooms, bars, gas stations, theaters...or any other establishment which serves the public and which is principally engaged in selling food or beverages for consumption on the premises."

One cannot discriminate against on duty police officers wishing to eat lunch. Call the FBI and see what they have to say.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  7. Batesmotel

Batesmotel

Apr 5, 2007
    Utah
    One just opened here. Thinking about writing the company and telling them why I won't be eating there.

This story is also all over the local shooing sites. Vote with your wallet.

8. It's interesting to see they don't discriminate against any person wearing a firearm not being allowed there.

9. Read the comments if you'd like a chuckle, but be warned,your head might explode. Some seem to lack the basic skill of reading comprehension......:dunno:

10. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    I can't believe that the very people they rely on for protection and safety are denied service because of the necessary tools of their trade.

This results from fear being allowed to paralyze reason.

How idiotic. They should refuse Firemen and other First Responders since they also represent safety and protection.

I hope the manager gets MUCH public heat about this. It's absolutely stupid.

11. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
    Same here in El Peso. The one in Northeast has a no guns sign. BWW makes a big deal of the no guns policy. Dear BWW. FOAD.

Oops. Probably get an infarction for that. 1st amendment?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2013
  12. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Feb 2, 2013
    If I were a police officer, if regular Joes are not welcomed at that eatery, with CCW permits, I would not eat there either. Nor will I.

13. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

Guess that's 1 more place off my list. Used to love going there.

14. RussP

RussP Moderator

Jan 23, 2003
    Central Virginia
    I should have placed that warning in the OP...:supergrin: They are pretty bad.

15. Ducowti

Ducowti

Jan 11, 2009
    NY
    Wasn't there another recent incident at another BWW (discussed here?) involving a few plain clothes already seated/eating asked to leave when customers complained?

If we're hearing about two incidents I have to believe BWW employees' ignorance is endemic and the co. needs to address forthwith.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

16. OLY-M4gery

OLY-M4gery

Nov 7, 2001
    Southern WI
    Denny's

17. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Where is the discrimination against their race, color, religion or national origin? Where is the threat of force?

18. Bruce M

Bruce M

Jan 3, 2010
    S FL
    At least the manager is trying to make it right. It also seems that the publicity was started by someone other than the officers.

19. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    That employee would be unemployed right now if he were one of my guys. He was obviously trying to push his own BS agenda. I would have no interest in hiring an employee who is going to disrespect LEO's like that and frankely, act like a complete dumb@$$.

-Bd43

Sent from Northern Tennessee using my LG-SV700. Keep on Glockin'!