close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

poker chips and tattoos

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by cowboywannabe, Apr 3, 2013.

1. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    fliiping through the channels and every tattooist on some tattoo off has a bullring in their nose, neck tattoos, and pokerchips in their earlobes.....:rofl:

that is all.

2. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I like the ones that look like they did a faceplant in my tacklebox.

3. janice6

janice6 Silver Member

Apr 4, 2006
    minnesota
    Because it is really cool. (I guess)

Like this:[​IMG]

4. phonejack

phonejack

Jun 28, 2009
    arkansas
    A few months ago I was behind a young man who had a nose ring , among others. I tapped him on the shoulder and explained to him that I and other people who have hogs put rings into their noses to keep them from "rootin' in the dirt " and then asked him " how's that working out for you ? " the cashier had to turn away she was laughing so hard.

5. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword

May 18, 2013
    You sound like an *******.

Why does anyone care what others do to their bodies?

6. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    So basically you're sayin you've got your nose pierced.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

7. In a couple of decades it will be bold and rebellious not to have a tattoo. Everyone and his grandmother seem to have one these days; most of them eyesores.

8. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword

May 18, 2013
    No piercings here. I suppose you also think that if I'm for gay rights, I must be a homo?

I just don't confront people who are minding their own business in public about their own affairs.

9. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    ... and there will be a slew of 50 & 60 year olds with faded sagging full sleeve tat's and long abandoned holes in their faces and ears...

Last edited: Jun 29, 2013
  10. Already coming to a Walmart near you.

11. Daltini

Daltini

Mar 28, 2013
    Because it looks gnarly.

12. JAS104

JAS104 NRA Life Member

Apr 2, 2012
    USA
    Don't get me wrong, I have tattoos myself. But I go to work in a suit and no one is the wiser. Piercings in my face? That's asking for negative attention.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

13. Liquid Sword

Liquid Sword

May 18, 2013
    I'm with you on that one, but my original statement was just disbelief that someone would make fun of a complete stranger, in public, and think that it's hilarious. Adult bullying, and not even from a cop! It reminds me of a story about a guy I know's father: Dude is an ex-Marine who served in Korea. He's in his 60s, and is in some establishment when he see's a young kid with an American flag T-shirt, and says something like "hey ****face, you'd better get that shirt off before I take it off for you." Being youthful, kid says "**** you, old man!" Sir kindly throws the kid through a glass window. Regardless of his reasons, the guy was a prick and a bigot and wrong (yeah, I knew him IRL).

I've always chuckled at the "those tattoos are going to look like hell when you get old" comments... When I'm 70 years old, who the hell am I trying to impress? :rofl: By the way, I know a musician who's 50. He's in great athletic shape, has sleeves on both arms, and they both look fine.

14. newgene

newgene

Apr 12, 2009
    Mississippi
    I don't have any tattoos because I am trying to express my individuality.

15. THEPOPE

THEPOPE Nibb

Feb 2, 2006
    Fort Wayne, Indiana
    While I do appreciate nice art, tats included, ( way tooo many tat artists are crappy artists , thus the plethora of crappy, prison-grade tats )

I do not have any, God said He doesn.t dig ,em....

I am tat-lessly out....:cool:

16. Baba Louie

Baba Louie

Sep 6, 2001
    True dat!

My son is a Tattoo Artist.

He eventually took out the nose ring and the ear hole gauge poker chip thingies. I suppose the extra nostril hole might making picking boogers a challenge in the future, but don't know or care. :whistling:

I do like one of his neck tattoos. He has a few.

I also expect his familial male nostril and ear hair growth spurt at age 45ish to be reeeeal interesting. I just hope I'm around to laugh with him about it in 15 years as he does have a great sense of humor and can laugh about his quirks. :supergrin:

17. ShallNotBeInfringed

ShallNotBeInfringed NRA Business Al

Feb 2, 2013
    I am almost speechless looking at what people do to themselves. I am a fifteen year tattoo and piercing artist, doing up scale art in discrete locations that people keep to themselves. I have never done a neck piece, or tattooed across someone's knuckles. I have never installed poker chips in someone's ear, and I think anyone having them is showing their IQ, and their lack of respect for their elders.

Is it our schools, TV, fluoride in the water, or microwaved food that has turned our children into a disenfranchised culture?

If you follow tattoos back into history, the artists said no, and led customers into acceptable choices. Todays artists by in large, are ruining people's futures in the trash they put on people. I am ashamed of most tattoo artists for the disservice they provide to young people, that should be helped making better choices.

sent from my rotary wall phone

18. sombunya

sombunya I Like To Watch

Jun 25, 2009
    Californy
    Look at what was considered risqué 200 years ago, then 100, then 50. Hell, people thought the Beatles were radical when they first hit the shores of the US.

I'll call it the natural progression of things. Not saying I condone it or that I'm even a part of it. It's just the way things are.

19. walt cowan

walt cowan

Feb 18, 2005
    Absurdistan
    had a inmate that had full face tat of nefertiti. pulled him up and ask why he chose her for a tat? he claimed she was a black egyptian queen and how he was proud to display his black heritage for all to see. he then asked me if my white honkie arse had a problem with that? i said, no but, you do know she was greek? :)

20. clancy

clancy

Feb 16, 2011
    There is a young man who works at the local supermarket that has holes in his ear lobes you could fit a 2 inch pipe through. I find it nauseating.