close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Point of Lower 1/3 Co-Witness

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by M&P15T, Sep 18, 2012.

1. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

What is the point to it, or why does it exist?

I have a (fake) AN-PEQ15 that I tried putting on the top of my rail, instead of on the side, and I noticed that it blocked part of the sight picture through my Eotech.

Would that be the point to taller bases/mounts that provide a lower 1/3rd co-witness? Clearing accessories mounted in front of optics?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Airhasz

Airhasz
    Expand Collapse

I use taller mounts so my x3 mag clears my rear matech bius which gives me lower 1/3 CW...

3. DaleGribble

DaleGribble
    Expand Collapse
    Sandwich!

It allows the server to get more top spin on the ball making a return of the serve much more difficult. When I switched to a lower third cowitness my serve speed shot up 10mph from 130 mph to 140 mph. I really began crushing the ball, even put one straight through the net, burned a hole through it like a hot knife through buttah!!!!!

Take a breath, I'm just kidding...

It simply puts the iron sights, or your toy Peq, farther below the red dot or reticle when looking through whatever optic you're using.

4. nipperwolf

nipperwolf
    Expand Collapse

What is the point of a fake AN-PEQ15?

:supergrin:

5. Bren

Bren
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member

You're questioning a guy who had to start a thread because he found it so unbelievable that some people actually have guns for purposes other than "toys" and tin can shooting?:rofl::rofl:

6. KalashniKEV

KalashniKEV
    Expand Collapse

Less obstruction.

Next question.

7. surf

surf
    Expand Collapse

Besides what has been mentioned, more of a heads up style of shooting which is a good thing and especially if you are wearing a helmet. Also good for those that prefer to run a fixed rear BUIS as it leaves the BUIS out of the field of view better for the optic.

wait......fake what?

8. eyelikeglasses

eyelikeglasses
    Expand Collapse
    Hooah, Hooah.

It's so you have a bigger field of view through your optic. Instead of the front sight post and dot being centered, they are lower. When you shoot at multiple/moving targets it helps you see more without moving your head off the optic. At least for me.

9. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

Please share with us Bren, when was the last time you shot someone with your AR? When was the last time you assaulted a Taliban position with your AR, or took out a barricaded suspect with your AR?

Very few peope here use ARs for "work", most people here are civilians. No matter what most folks want to say about why they own firearms, 99.9999% of the rounds out of civilian owned ARs are for nothing more than hobby/pleasure.

The point of that thread was to show that no matter what people want to think about why they own firearms, it's mostly for fun and hobby.

And the thread showed that.

#9 M&P15T, Sep 19, 2012
    Last edited: Sep 19, 2012
  10. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

"The point" is about $2500.00:supergrin:

11. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

Fake/airsoft PEQ-15, I discussed it in a thread. I watched that damn movie Act of Valor, and I had to have one......so I bought a $100 airsoft version.:rofl::rofl:

I'm waiting to have a spare $2500.00 lying around.:supergrin:

Thanks for the info.

12. Travclem

Travclem
    Expand Collapse
    Badass Member
    Lifetime Member

Spend your time and money how you see fit, but don't be so quick to assume what others have their rifles for. Not everyone spends their adult life playing G.I. Joe.

13. mvician

mvician
    Expand Collapse
    Lifetime Member

Can we just get this locked now? :dunno:

14. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

So you're worried that a fake accessory compromises a sight picture? How about taking off said POS?

15. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

I do my very best not to assume anything, nor do I "play" anything. However, here in the BRF, ARs are taken very, very, very seriously by some. To the point where it's painfully obvious that a few people that post here are mall ninjas, thinking they're going to save the world with their ARs.

Being as realistic as possible, only a very few select people that post in this forum can really say that their AR is truly something they "work" with, right now, at this very point in time (and only Airborn Infantry comes to mind). Some others seem to be training and planning and building towards.....what?

At least I have the guts to lable my reasons of owning an AR based on reality, and not some self-constructed fantasy world.

How about you? Going to kick in some doors today? Going to head to Afghanistan and go on patrol?

16. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

No....not worried at all.

And it's only 1/2, or 1/3rd fake, because despite the fact that it's a cheap, Chinese airsoft knock off POS, the damn thing actually works as a normal light and laser.

#16 M&P15T, Sep 19, 2012
  17. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

Not necessary, if folks can restrain themselves from being insulting.

18. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

Interesting that you started a thread about it then....

So you're saying these are 1/2, 1/3 the quality of a real one? or at least in function? Help me out.... I'm not up to speed on Airsoft.

#18 MD357, Sep 19, 2012
  19. M&P15T

M&P15T
    Expand Collapse
    Beard One

I started the thread to ask about why 1/3 co-witness got started, what was the reasons for it. I asked because when considering buying a new Eotech, I noticed that a few of the new XPS models have built-in risers, giving them a lower 1/3rd co-witness.

As far as the fake AN/PEQ-15, let's just say that's it's not completely useless. As I said, the damn thing actually works as a light & laser, which is better than I thought it would for $100.00

#19 M&P15T, Sep 19, 2012
  20. MD357

MD357
    Expand Collapse

I get this, point still remains.... why have a toy on your rifle? Unless you can justify your 1/2 fake remark?

Is it on there to try to look cool at the range? Just curious...... otherwise your concerns here would be moot.

#20 MD357, Sep 19, 2012