close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pocket size flashlight

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Krauty, Sep 5, 2011.

1. Krauty

Krauty CLM

Nov 13, 2006
    Minnesota
    I was on a traffic stop last night and my Streamlight LED decided to stop working. This is the 2nd time in a couple months it was acting up at a time I didn't have another light handy. I want to start carrying a little backup flashlight in my pocket for times like these. Anybody have a light they recommend?

2. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    I have not had good luck with my Streamlight Stinger LED. I carry the incadenscant Stinger now and my LED sits in a drawer. I keep a Surefire 6P LED, 3D Maglite LED, and Surefire E2e as backups.

The E2E is a great light, has a pocket clip and is small enough to clip in a pocket and not get in the way.

My LED Stinger has some serious issues with the switches. It turns itself on and off at will, but never when I ask it to. I turned it in and got it back a few weeks later and it still sucks.

I looked like a total tool walking around with my light on strobe and not knowing it.

3. RetailNinja

RetailNinja

Jan 31, 2007
    Tuktoyaktuk
    Based on the performance/fit/finish of my jetbeam BA20, id recommend the jetbeam BA10 or BC10

4. For a pocket flashlight as a backup? Shell out about $17.00 including shipping, and buy an Inova X1 off Ebay. 55 lumens, runs off 1 AA battery. I use rechargeables, and change the battery out periodically before it loses all the charge. It ain't a tacticool brand, but it works for me for a pocket light.

5. Chico Bill

Chico Bill Millennium Member

Nov 10, 1999
    LA area, CA,USA
    Streamlight PT1AA or PT1L
    Quark AA Tactical
    Streamlight Microstream (The mouse-gun of tac-lights!)

6. Rabbi

Rabbi The Bombdiggity Lifetime Member

Dec 18, 2004
    San AntonioTexas
    My Streamlight Stinger LED let me down last weekend. I was not doing anything important, thankfully, but I needed it to work at the moment. The switch sucks. I threw it in my bag and when I pulled it out latter, it worked. Go figure. POS.

I know you might find better, but for the money, I am in love with my little Maglight XL5. This thing fits in a puch that is about leatherman sized. (I used a small mace pouch) You dont notice it is there and it throws a very respectable amount of light. Wal-Mart has them for 20 something bucks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Maglite-XL50-3Cell-AAA-LED-Flashlight/15715368

[​IMG]

7. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    Streamlight Polytac.

Brought to you in part by DABigBR.

$30.00 and it fits in a SF V70.

Do it.

8. ghstface38

ghstface38 Five-O

Dec 26, 2005
    Area around Memphis, TN
    I use a Surefire E1B Backup carried in my left side BDU pocket.

9. Spydermonkey

Spydermonkey in ur rearview

May 26, 2005
    Upstate NY
    I have an incan Stinger with a Terralux led drop-in. It lasts around 3hrs+ which usually translates into charging it once a month. I work 1500-2300hrs before one of you guys ask. My backup to that on my belt is a Surefire G2 with a led drop-in and rechargeable 123s. I also have a Magcharger with a Terralux drop-in.

My pocketable lights that I carry off duty are a Surefire E2DL and a 4Sevens Quark Tactical single AA.

10. SCSU74

SCSU74 St. Cloud Proud

Jul 24, 2010
    The Northwoods
    Strion all the way, i love mine, it is small and rechargeable

11. lawman800

lawman800 Juris Glocktor

I don't have a singer led. Mine is the incandescent poly and it never let me down although the battery life sucks compared to the pelican 7060 which is my work light.

For a small powerful light, I go with the fenix PD30. It's the size of 2 CR123 batteries and puts out an honest 230 lumens at max power. Trust me, it's plenty. You can also turn it down to less lumens to save on juice as well as not piss off people so much. It also has strobe and SOS mode. $55 shipped from a member here. Forgot the s/n....

12. I keep (or kept and hopefully will again) a Surefire G2 on my belt. Everytime I rolled out of the car, from dusk till dawn I had a Streamlight 20X in my off hand. Nice light, but even better impact weapon. :whistling:

Also had a Streamlight M3 on my 4566. Another combination that could be used as a bludgeon in a pinch. :supergrin:

Last edited: Sep 6, 2011
  13. Krauty

Krauty CLM

Nov 13, 2006
    Minnesota
    Thanks for all the responses! Now it's research time!

14. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    This.

Not retina burning, not enough to light up a parking lot, but a great little light.

15. Glock411

Glock411

Mar 22, 2007
    Utah
    I carry a Surefire E1L in my front Left pocket (E1L is a small 1 cell LED), I have carried this light and its predecessor for almost 10 years, I use the snot out iof it almost daily I would be lost with out it, I also carry a Surefire E2E in a utility pocket. I also keep another Surefire E2E and X200 weapon light with spare batteries, in a Fanny Pack

16. DaBigBR

DaBigBR No Infidels!

Oct 28, 2005
    Circling the wagons.
    This, naturally...

The Streamlight PT1L is a very sound, single CR123, true "pocket" sized light with a clip, dimmer, etc. I carry the PT1L off duty all the time.

17. lwt210

lwt210

Nov 28, 2001
    Alabama
  18. Texas357

Texas357 Señor Member CLM

Jan 3, 2007
    CCTX
  19. I used a Surefire E1B untll I picked up a Fenix PD20. I carry it on and off duty. It is smaller, just as bright and you dont have to untwist the cap to prevent it from coming on in your pocket. The button is recessed. I love it!

20. ghstface38

ghstface38 Five-O

Dec 26, 2005
    Area around Memphis, TN
    I checked out the Fenix PD20 and was about to order one... until I realized it does not come with a pocket clip. Damn.