close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pocket holster for cuffs?

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by rockapede, Oct 2, 2012.

1. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    I'd love to start a poll.

How many have tried the old "Cool" loop them inside/outside the pants in the area of the small of the back----and dropped them in a toilet?

anybody want to fess up? (besides me)

2. Cochese

Cochese Most mackinest CLM

Jun 30, 2004
    Unmarked Rustbox
    I carry a X26 and sometimes a G26 in cargo pockets and do a fair amount of late night 400m urban relays and its really not bad.

I'm not exactly dainty though.

I want a pair of ultra light handcuffs. I need to find some. Like those older Hiatts.

3. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121 BOOSH

Sep 16, 2009
    NW Burbs
    I tried that thing and promptly got the cuffs snagged on a piece of the patrol car many moons ago, so the strap went away. Still, I think your story is worse.

I've got to admit, this thread became very interesting to me a few days ago when I decided I wanted to start carrying my 3rd set of cuffs on my person, JIC. I've got a somewhat open slash pocket on my outer carrier which may work, but I'd really like to try them in my left side cargo pocket. That nemesis idea looks solid, we'll see...

4. Yep, that's it......Good luck with it......:wavey:

5. kayl

kayl

Nov 14, 2004
    SE WI
    Summer games 2016???? :tongueout:

One of the guys at work throws an extra set in his plate carrier, not sure how I feel about that. I carry 2 on the belt and a 3rd in my cargo pocket. Mika's holsters are top-notch, I think I need to pick up one of the cuff cases too :)

6. Metro566

Metro566 Gunfighter

May 27, 2011
    Georgia
    One of my partners in my beat carries a third set in his left cargo pocket. He took his pants to a seamstress who sewed a little handcuff shaped pocket within the pocket with an elastic material. When he puts the cuffs in that elastic pocket, it holds the cuffs tight, but not tight enough where he can't draw them out.

7. mikegun

mikegun

Jun 22, 2006
    colorado
    Ive used BOB MIKAS pocket holsters and cuff cases for many years, they just plain work, Bob is Ret LAPD, and half of them use his stuff, you wont meet a nicer or more stand up guy then Bob Mika.BTW i have yet to wear one pof his products out..