Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Pocket Carry: where do you put keys, phone, reload, wallet?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by sharpshooter, Jul 22, 2012.

1. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    I often carry a 38 or small 9mm in my front right pocket. Cell phone front left, wallet rear left, keys rear right. I like to carry minimal stuff, but I still am not satisfied on where to carry a spare mag or speed strip. It usually goes in my back pocket with my keys but that can be uncomfy.

2. jellis11

jellis11 Yippee-ki-yay

Jul 27, 2011
    South Kakalaki
    I have one pair of shorts that I can pocket my g26. I'll keep my knife in that pocket *front right* as it gives it some rigidity. My wallet is back right, as is my phone... But it's an old Razor flip phone so it's small. My reload is back left. Keep my house key in the car and the car key is a folder so it goes in the left pocket.

When I sit I have enough play with that pair of shorts I can move the mag to the side a little. They are khaki pants. I think if they were jeans I would lose this option.

3. You should get a magazine pouch/holster that either clips outside or inside the waistband.
    There really nice to have and most hold 2 mags.

Either that or start wearing cargo pants :rofl:
  4. sharpshooter

sharpshooter Member Millennium Member

Dec 25, 1999
    Ankle carrying spare ammo sounds interesting but I've never heard it suggested or seen options.
  5. Yea I've seen those before... I guess it would be a good option if you're wearing pants, and would get some weight off your waist.
    It'd probably take a while to get use to the feeling of something strapped to your leg (unless you ankle carry a weapon already).
    If you do try something like that, buy a cheap one in case you don't like it
  6. Reb 56

Reb 56

Mar 12, 2007
    South Texas
    LCP in right front pocket,keys & cell left front pocket,wallet in left rear pocket & extra mag in small watch pocket. This is the setup I use in jeans which I wear 90% of the time.
  7. Reswob

Mar 8, 2009
    Wallet, phone, SAK, keys, knife, gun. No room for everything in pockets, something has to go on the waist, so the gun makes the most sense. Never understood how anyone could carry their wallet in a back pocket, unless they never sit down all day?
  8. itstime

Apr 9, 2006
    Cargo pockets. Only way I can get by even carrying minimal tools. Without them I have to put multiple somethings in one pocket and that's really a no-no
  9. dpadams6

Jan 5, 2010
    Ha. I cant stand my wallet in my back pocket either. I usually give it to my wife to carry in her purse when we go out. Lol
  10. Rockimook

Oct 19, 2011
    Gun in right front, spare mags in front left, wallet in back left, phone in back right unless sitting down, and keys hooked to belt loop. Works for me
  11. LCP in right rear pocket, easy access, unnoticeable, no flopping.
    Tried every other way and found this to easily be the best for me.
  12. Rustin

Oct 12, 2011
    Central Ohio
    LCR right front pocket. Knife back right. Wallet back left. Keys are hanging from a belt loop. Cell phone left front pocket or in the pocket of a button up. Reload is on the waist in a leather yo-yo holster/pouch of all things...
  13. Lior

Jul 23, 2004
    On a cop. Nobody needs guns anymore.

J/K. No set routine, as long as the trigger is covered by a holster. Reloads and phone optional.
  14. Metal Angel

Metal Angel

Oct 20, 2010
    LCP front right, phone front left, wallet back left, keys back right- or when I'm at work, on a caribiner hanging from my 4 o'clock belt loop. I don't carry a reload at this point because I only have one mag for my LCP, but when I get home from work, I put on my Glock 19 and my LCP is my reload.
  15. gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    LCP in left cargo pocket. Phone and cigs in right cargo pocket. Wallet in left rear pocket. Money in front left pocket. Usually have G19, G30, or G26, in an MTac on left side, balanced by two extra mags OWB on right side. My knife is clipped in my right front pocket. Keys go in front right pocket as well. This is my everyday set up. I rarely carry a spare mag for the LCP,but if I do it goes in the right front pocket with my knife.
  16. ronin.45

Apr 24, 2008
    Gun in right front

Wallet and phone in left front

Keys on belt loop

No reload
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2012
  17. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

May 13, 2008
    I'm more likely to pocket carry during summer (although still rare) if needed and my shorts mainly consist of cargo shorts. Pocket gun right front, reload left front, wallet and phone left cargo pocket, keys and everything else right cargo pocket.

During winter, its easier because I have a jacket to house keys and what-not but I'm carrying IWB most of the time. my front left pocket always houses a reload for any gun I carry though.
  18. dredglock

Mar 15, 2008
    I live in Florida and wear walking shorts 51 1/2 weeks a year . the pockets on
    these are huge you can put your hand in the main pocket and spread your fingers
    out there almost to big. on my favorite brand I can drop my G-17 and the grip
    is still concealed.
    that leaves 5 extra pockets plus 3 or 4 more on my cape back fishing shirts
    the main problem for me is i end up with to much stuff
  19. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    Cargo shorts or cargo pants.
  20. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

Apr 10, 2005
    I wear suit pants at work, cargos as casual. I'm a lefty, so my carry's backwards :)

I recommend carrying spare mag or strip in a cell phone case on your belt. I bought a Velcro cell phone case (cheap) as a decoy to carry my P3AT spare. For total concealment, I'll put the thin case in my back pocket.

For my carry, pistol in front left pocket, keys/iPhone/wallet in right front (I know, it's a lot of stuff in one pocket), rear pockets usually empty (never use them, but for dirty Kleenex).

If I have cargo pants on, then I put my wallet in cargo left, iPhone in cargo right, keys by themselves in front right, gun in front left, spare in pouch on belt.