close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pocket carry G36?

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by slainer, Jul 7, 2012.

1. slainer

slainer

I plan on carrying my G36 IWB but does anyone pocket carry their G36? If so, what brand pocket holster do you use? It will be cargo pocket not jeans or dress slacks if pocket.
    Thx. Slainer

2. vafish

vafish

I had one pair of cargo pants I could drop my G36 in, but I still never pocket carried it.

3. 1smoothredneck

1smoothredneck

G36 is the size of a G19 or 23. NOT a pocket gun, ime. your pockets may vary.

4. Creatism

Creatism

I have pocket carried my 36, not easy, not fun, NOT recommended! I used a remora holster when I did.

Typed from my iPhone with my thumbs!!

5. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

I guess if the cargo pockets are that huge you could. My 36 with 7 rounds of 230 grain Golden Sabers weighs 28.4 ounces so the weight might be a consideration.

6. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

I have a MIC holster and carry my G36 in my pocket at the time. I recomend this holster if you own a Glock no matter if you pocket carry or not. Great for storage and transport. Designed and made by an ex-marine at Glocktech. [​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012
  7. nastytrigger

nastytrigger Mediocre Member

I pocket carried a Glock 19 in suit pants for a couple years (it's doable). I just used a cheap Uncle Mikes IWB, but cut off the clip.

The reasoning for pocket carry, was I didn't always wear a suit jacket, and my G19 was my (at the time) smallest gun. Had to conceal, so that was the easiest way, compared to IWB tuck, it hardly printed in the pocket. Still easy to draw too. If it matters, I'm 6'2", 200lbs.

I installed night sights on a friends G36, so I got to play with it for a day. I tried it on my hip and in my pocket. I didn't look at the specs, but the G36 felt a tad smaller both dimensionally and in weight, versus my G19.

8. G26S239

G26S239 NRA Patron

That does look convenient.

9. slainer

slainer

I appreciate the input! I like the Mikes IWB and cutting the clip for the pocket!
    Slainer

10. High Noon

High Noon

The 36 is big but can be carried in the pocket with the "correct" colthes. Baggy is better then tite fitting. We have the Pocket Grabber designed just for the 36. http://www.highnoonholsters.com/Product_Line/_Pocket_Grabber/_pocket_grabber.html

If not in a pocket that holster does well in a gear bag, glove compartment, pocket book etc etc. The trigger is covered and the holster is molded right on the 36.

You may like it.
    Hope that helps.

Justin

11. Turk

Turk

The G-36 is too big IMO. No matter how big the pockets are it still flops around and feels very uncomfortable to me. I carry my 36 in a Galco FLETCH OWB holster. Feels very good.

12. GotFour

GotFour

If your tailor is "Omar the Tent Maker", G36 pocket carry should not be a problem ........on the other hand you might want to ask Plaxico about pocket carrying Glocks :supergrin:

13. mj9mm

mj9mm

i like IWB with the "crossbreed" design, several makers offer competeing styles. it's hard to believe that people around you wouldn't be suspicious about the appearance of your pants with an object that big in your pocket.:whistling:, but using the unflattering nickname, you could tell them you have a "brick" in your pocket:embarassed:

14. High Noon

High Noon

Many people customize the pockets to fit their choice of gun and holster. I think a 10.00 fix from a tailor.

Justin

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  15. LOCHFAL

LOCHFAL Millennium Member

If you are talking about cargo pockets in BDU's or such I won't reccomend it. I've always found that anything with any weight to it in those pockets is a PITA the pocket swings around and I'm always getting hit with the weight of the gun in the leg as I'm walking.
    I have carried G36 in my front pocket and if the pocket is deep enough and shaped right for the holster and the gun it is not only possible but not unpleasant at all. My only complaint was I always wished for a flush fitting magazine for the 36. I even seriously considered butchering a factory mag to try and make one for it.

16. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

I'm a G36 guy and I would love to see the flush magazine look.

17. Rcsteffen

Rcsteffen

Just yesterday, I pocket carried my 36 in the cargo pocket of some shorts for a quick run to the bank. It was in a Galco Summer Comfort holster. It worked, but I think it was kind of heavy for that, and definitely felt better IWB.

18. Crazyd

Crazyd

I am guessing this is strictly a trigger guard correct? if so how do you remove it in the draw process? I like the compact size of it just curious of the function

19. MeanAction

MeanAction MeanAction

It's not a trigger guard. It's a holster. Here is how it works.
    [ame]http://youtu.be/nYC_Un8pPnA[/ame]

20. Crazyd

Crazyd

Wow I want one.