close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

pocket carry g19

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by jwitagauge, Feb 26, 2010.

1. jwitagauge

jwitagauge

Oct 5, 2009
    does anyone on here pocket carry a g19? I know mine fits in the pockest of my pants easily but dont know if it will with a holster. I am a pretty big guy and am thinking this will be the most comfortable way for me to carry but i want to know if it is even advisable Thanks

2. Kith

Kith

Jan 18, 2010
    I sometimes pocket carry my G19. Sometimes in the front pocket, sometimes in the back pocket. When it's in the back pocket, the grip sticks out. It's winter time, so my jacket covers it. Makes it easy as pie to draw.

When I do, I don't use a holster. Because of that, I carry it with no round in the chamber, since nothing covers the trigger.

I don't feel comfortable with an empty chamber, but It's just not safe with a round in the chamber and an exposed trigger.

I've been thinking about trying to find a pocket holster for it, but I don't know if such a thing is made since I have never looked.

When I carry with a holster, I always have a round in the chamber.

3. fryewire

fryewire

Jul 4, 2009
    Ohio
    A G19 is a little big for me to pocket carry but I have done it. Stoner Holsters makes a pocket carry holster for the G26 that also fits the G19. It is a great holster for the G26 and the only difference is that the G19's nose hangs out a bit from the open end of the leather holster.

4. randyc74

randyc74

Mar 10, 2008
    Northern Illinois
    Last year I built a pocket holster for a customers G-19 with laser/light. He loved the holster. I'm guessing he had the pockets to work with that setup.

5. HI jwitagauge,

I have been pocket carrying my G19 for years. I love it! It takes a lot of practice time to be able to get it out and into action efficiently, but it's just a matter of practice.

I'll try to take some pics later and add them.

Keep it up!

6. skyugo

skyugo

Nov 23, 2008
    Loveland CO
    i can pocket carry my G26 in carhart pants (which are a pretty generous cut)
    the G19... not so much.
    if you're not comfortable with it IWB, consider an OWB holster.
    raven concealment's phantom can be used IWB or OWB. excellent for both. i've finally got all my pants up-sized to a 34" waist so i can carry comfortably IWB so i've left the IWB loops on that holster for awhile now.

7. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, you can. No, it isn't adviseable. Pocket carry itself isn't too swift as compared to a proper belt mounted holster, doubly so with a 19/23/32.

8. skyugo

skyugo

Nov 23, 2008
    Loveland CO
    the upside of pocket carry is that you can have a good grip on your gun without appearing suspicious. just looks like your hand is in your pocket.

9. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    This is true. If we could always keep our hand in our pocket, pocket carry would rule.

10. hoffy

hoffy

Jun 12, 2007
    Ohio
    Cheapest pocket carry holster I have found is an Uncle Mikes IWB, that has kind of a velvet feel on the outside so it stays in pocket. Cut the clip and there ya go, about 12-13$ or less I think. This is what I do for my motorcycle jacket, I agree with whoever said that the trigger should be covered with one in the spout. I cant carry traditionally on my motorcycle as I wear all the gear all the time and most of my motorcycle pants do not have a belt, and I do not want to crash with one on my hip. The jackets I have all seem to have a "gun pocket" just outside the zipper on the left of the coat, just put hand under storm flap and unzip(if it is zipped up). Have been down 3 times carrying this way, twice very hard(read hospital, not my fault) and the gun has not hurt me. Now in jeans pockets I do not think this holster would help with printing at all, one would have to go with a traditional pocket holster to reduce printing.

11. hikerpaddler

hikerpaddler

Mar 1, 2001
    USA
    I tried one of those 20 years ago. Wasn't good enough then, and damn sure isn't now. Just not stable. Fine for a slipcover for the safe.

12. manchu2n

manchu2n

Feb 25, 2010
    Georgia
    I can only pocket carry a 19 in a jacket or vest. To meet the requirements of the law I have a flat Yaqui style holster to put it in. I had a inside the pants holster (not IWB) but the wife said it made me look like John Holmes so I quit using it.

13. I guess you are carrying it in a "modified Mexican Carry" method.:rofl:I would never carry a round in the chamber of a Glock with it near the jewels unless there is a holster.

14. He pocket carries a G20...

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 28, 2010
  15. Grayson

Grayson

Jan 18, 2006
    I kinda hate to bump a thread this old, but also hate to make a new thread on the same subject. Also looking for info on pocket carrying a G19. I've seen that in at least some of my pants the G19 would fit in them. And I've also seen a Desantis Nemesis advertised for a G19, so I know I'm not the first one to have thought of the notion.

Yeah, I know that there are better methods - I prefer IWB in an RM Holster works rig. But it's called *concealed* carry and there are times when pocket carry is all I can manage due to wardrobe limitations.

16. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta
    And you can *conceal* a G19 in your pocket?

17. Grayson

Grayson

Jan 18, 2006
    Mmmm...that's the trick, isn't it?

Guess I could try it in some choice pants, sans one in the pipe, and see. dakrat's pic is gone, but I can get the gist of it based on the filename. IE, WEIGHT is something to consider too! ;)

I have some 5.11 TDU pants, and got in on the nifty Eotac pants clearance just recently. They have very generous pockets.

I will say this, I'm paranoid about printing even with dedicated pocket guns like the P3AT or LCR. I usually fold some paper (junk mail envelope is handy) and use it to break up the gun outline so it just looks like a wallet or PDA or something. But one pair of the Eotac pants I got has a pocket that's on top of the front pocket that serves that purpose nicely.

Last edited: May 11, 2011
  18. Warp

Warp ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Jul 31, 2005
    Atlanta

Just throwing this out there...if I saw somebody with pants even remotely resembling BDUs/TDUs with a square or rectangular item printing in their pocket I would strongly suspect it was a firearm.