close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pocket carry for Ruger LCP

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by safarihunter, May 16, 2011.

1. I have never carried a pistol in my pocket and looking for some advice on type of holster to use. I'm 6 ft, 190 and 36 belt so not skinny but not too big either.

I have tried a no name leather holster which is not much more than a piece of leather folded over and stitched on the bottom and up the side opposite the fold.

The side toward the outside of the pocket is cut to below the trigger for ease of purchase. I'm used to carrying in Sparks or Alessi but cheaped out on this since if was a quick purchase I had no idea where to start.

When I stick it in my pocket in jeans, it fits but I notice the bulge in the pocket. When I wear casual slacks it seems to hide somewhat better but I still notice it when I look in the mirror.

Would a holster where the two vertical edges are stitched ease the footprint since the holster would taper to the edges instead of a big roll where the non stitched edge would be?

Do I just need to wear baggier pants?

I appreciate any help

2. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Mar 23, 2001
    WV

3. 6StringGeek

6StringGeek full-time n00b

Apr 5, 2011
  4. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    jeans unless worn baggie or "relaxed fit" as the "big" guys call it will cause most anything in the front pocket to print, its just the way they are made coupled along with you looking for the buldge.

5. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu

Jun 1, 2007
    I had the same problem at first when I tries to use leather or padded nylon holsters. I went with a "Fist" brand ultra thin kydex pocket holster and have been using it with great comfort and success for almost 3 years.

6. sancho13

sancho13

Sep 8, 2010
    ^^^^^^This

It has a piece off the bottom and side that sticks out like a tab. I throws off the shape of the gun. I keep my cell phone in the other pocket and both look about the same

7. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx
    for one you are to paranoid about it, so you have a budge in your pocket. no one is looking at it and who is to say what it is. do you go around looking at other people trying to figure out what they have, of course not!! I carry with nothing at all just put it in and make sure there is nothing in there to scratch it any more then it is

8. dancingwolf

dancingwolf

Jul 9, 2008
    Check out Blackhawk No.1 Pocket Holster made specifically for this gun. It's what I use - disappears in pocket & no need for "oversize" pants.

9. Genin

Genin Designated Left

Oct 25, 2010
    Bloomsburg PA
    desantis nemesis has always worked great for me and my LCP

10. tuica

tuica

Apr 28, 2009
    Portland,Oregon
    I also carry LCP with no holster in empty pocket. With double-pocketed cargo trousers/shorts, I place a piece of pocket-sized card stock in the outer pocket to mask any pistol printing. Works great - try it. Cheers

11. 654Boomer

654Boomer

Nov 6, 2004
    Another vote from me on the Desantis Nemesis. It breaks the outline very well and is very easy to carry--either front or back pocket.

12. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx

I found it at cheaper-then-dirt for $9.07+ shipping if you can't drive there but it will not fit a ruger/w a laser and mine has one

13. AGAF

AGAF On a Journey

Oct 2, 2006
    Texas
    Another vote here.....

You just have to overcome your own thoughts and awareness of the pistol in your pocket. I carry an LCP in my front pocket in Desantis Nemesis quite often and it just looks like a big multimedia phone, PDA, etc. Haven't had one person ask about it of stare trying to figure it out. We think about it way more than anyone else who has no idea what you are carrying......

14. jdavionic

jdavionic NRA Member

May 1, 2008
    I have 2 holsters. The Desantis Nemesis is the one that I mainly use for front pocket carry. I have a Hunter holster that I like better for back pocket carry. If I had to buy one, I'd get the Nemesis. It's great for the front pocket, and okay for the back pocket...IMHO.

15. DanaT

DanaT Pharaoh

+1 for this choice

16. Kansas Slim

Kansas Slim Oxymoron Man

Jan 21, 2011
    Northeast Kansas
    One more for the Nemesis. It stays in the pocket every time I draw with authority and even in my tight Wranglers it just looks like a phone.

17. NWGlocker

NWGlocker

May 11, 2011
    I carry in a Bear Creek wallet holster. Depending on the pants I either carry in the front pocket or the rear. And someone else was spot on before when they said "no one is looking at the bulge in your pocket", you don't have to worry.

18. pnutcar

pnutcar MIZZOU TIGERS!

Mar 5, 2011
    St. Louis, MO
    Last edited: May 16, 2011