Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

Pocket carry 9mm

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Bilbo Bagins, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008
    I have been looking to buy a new 9mm after I traded away my Kel Tec Pf9 due to mag release issue when I carried IWB and other issues.

I'm looking to also try to carry this new 9mm inside my front pocket. I never really tried it with the PF9.

Currently I'm looking at the Ruger LC9, the Kahr CM9, and the Beretta Nano, and I'm looking at the Remora clipless holsters that can go IWB or used as a pocket holster. Can any of those guns be comfortably carried in the front pocket.

I'm 6'2" and middle aged, so no skinny jeans. :supergrin:
  2. tattedglock651

tattedglock651 FNG

Jan 20, 2012
    Sig has a 9mm version of the P238 coming out soon. I've shot the P238 and it's a sweet little gun so if the 9mm version follows in its footsteps it should be as well. I've only held LC9 never actually shot it but it felt pretty good in my hand. And the NANO has some great reviews. Personally I'm waiting for the Sig to come out before I make the pocket carry purchase

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. SCmasterblaster

SCmasterblaster Millennium Member

Sep 24, 1999
    Hartford, Vermont
    Try the G19 or the smaller Glock 9mms.
  4. B.Reid

Jun 20, 2005
    The Glock is to big for pocket carry, I am interested in the Sig, have not seen one yet.
  5. Maybe these pics will help. G26, PM9, 642, LCP.

Some of these are much smaller than the others :)

6. If you want to pocket carry a 9mm, you need big pockets. My LC9 doesn't fit in jeans pockets. It will fit in my dress pants pocket, and its bulky. If you want to pocket carry, you need a 380. I had a Ruger LCP for pocket carry and traded it for credit on an LC9. I have a Remora for the LC9 that works well IWB and in the pocket.
  7. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
    I believe that the Rohrbaugh R9s is the smallest and lightest 9mm pistol. It is very well made and mine has never had a malfunction. I find that I carry my R9s much more than anything else. I find that the other recommendations pale in comparison.

8. So you carry it often, but do you shoot it often? How reliable has yours been?

If you search this forum, you will find about a dozen threads on the R9. The consensus seems to be that they are punishing to shoot, require a frequent recoil spring change, and are finicky about ammo selection and jam frequently. Also can't fire +P ammo.
  9. cowboywannabe

cowboywannabe you savvy?

Jan 26, 2001
    i like my LC9 but it is not the best size for pocket carry in my opinion. the PM9 might be about as big as you can comfortably go. the 642 is good also, even though it has the cylinder buldge, the lack of a slide means the gun stops short and at a nice angle to allow it to sit in the pocket well when seated.
  10. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

Sep 16, 2008

Outstanding as always Ithaca.

Looking at the mousegun chart, the the PM9 does look a little smaller in all the right place, compared to the LC9. Like Cowboywannabe said, I might be able to squeeze it.

For the record, I have a Kel Tec P3AT, a P32, a Beretta bobcat and a NAA mini revolver, so if I need smaller, I have smaller. I just want a 9mm that can do pocket duty.
  11. Able 5

Able 5

Feb 25, 2008
    BB, to answer your question....yes you can pocket carry a PM/CM9 I do most summer days and when dress requires in more formal occasions. I use the Kahr Pocket holster.
  12. jb1911

Sep 21, 2011
    I vote for the one on the left:

13. pipedreams

pipedreams Member

Feb 19, 2011
    S. E. Iowa
    LC9 a bit big and heavy for pocket carry but great for IWB.
  14. ATW525

Sep 17, 2006
    Concord, NH
    I recently picked up a Nano. Haven't brought it to the range yet, but I've really grown to love the feel of it in the hand. In the past I've owned a Kel-Tec PF-9 and Kahr PM40 and neither ever really felt good to me.
  15. RJ's Guns

RJ's Guns

Dec 25, 2010
    I shoot my R9s 1 or 2 times per month (20 - 50 rounds). I do not remember when I bought it but my best guess is 6-8 years ago.

I am not recoil sensitive, so I do not find it punishing to shoot. According to my PACT timer, follow-up shots with "A hits (which if memory serves me correctly is a 4" x 9" target) at 15 feet run .15 - .25 sec, but then I am old (61 years old).

I have not made it a point to shoot every brand and configuration of 9mm and only shoot premium grade ammo through it, but I have not had any proplems, Specifically, I have not had any failures to feed, failures to fire or failures to eject. But I have no doubt, that with most auto loaders, having a limp wrist would probably cause a problem.

I change the recoil spring about every 200 - 250 rounds. That really is not a problem for me.

I do not shoot +P ammo in any of my small, light weight handguns.

I find that most critics of the Rohrbaugh have never owned one and can not afford one, so they are critical of the pistol so as to make themselves feel better about not having one. That also helps to make them feel more satisfied about what they do have and what they can afford, but that is just my personal opinion and others may differ.

I have reason to believe that some of the people on the internet that criticize a Rohrbaugh are lying about having one, as everyone that I know that has one has nothing but praise and wonderful things to say about their Rohrbaugh.

16. xmanhockey7

Dec 6, 2010
    If I were you I'd wait for the Sig 939 to come out (9mm version of the 238).
  17. If those picture above helped, here are their fully loaded weights, too, according to my own measurements :)

26 with 10+1 = 26 oz, 124gr (fps not measured, guess 1090 or more)
    PM9 with 6+1 = 20 oz, 124gr 1090 fps
    642 with 5 = 17 oz, 158gr 795 fps
    LCP with 6+1= 12 oz, 90gr 925 fps
  18. CVN76

Feb 24, 2012