close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PNP top brass shows great logic

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by edtf, May 15, 2010.

1. edtf

edtf

NCRPO bats for permanent gun ban
    By Non Alquitran (The Philippine Star) Updated May 16, 2010 12:00 AM

MANILA, Philippines – National Capital Region Police Office (NCRPO) chief Director Roberto Rosales called yesterday for the gun ban to be extended beyond the election period.

“We here in the NCRPO are in favor of extending the implementation of the gun ban as it has already proven to be the cause for the downward trend of crime incidents in Metro Manila in the first quarter of the year,” Rosales said in an interview.

He said that compared to the same period in 2009, there was a significant drop in cases of robbery, car theft, murder, rape and physical injuries.

Rosales said robbery went down from 951 cases in 2009 to 702 this year or 35.4 percent; car theft from 152 cases to 129 or 18.1 percent; murder from 50 to 46 cases or 8.45 percent; physical injuries from 1,056 to 608 cases or 73.6 percent; and rape from 46 to 42 cases or 8.53 percent.

Rosales issued his reaction a day after Philippine National Police (PNP) chief Director General Jesus Verzosa called for a second Gun Control Summit to address the proliferation of loose firearms and the possibility of extending the nationwide gun ban.

The Commission on Elections (Comelec) implemented the gun ban starting Jan. 10 until June 9 in connection with the May 10 national and local elections.

2. PMMA97

PMMA97 TagaBundok

3. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

4. MAJINKONG

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! ang mga nahuli ay mga pasaway na kabaro nila... bakit kaya nila pinagmamalaki ito????!

5. paltik454

paltik454

At...........ang mga pasaway na pulitiko.:upeyes:

6. wunder9

wunder9

7. wunder9

wunder9

double post

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  8. saki1611

saki1611 BOG's #1611

how i wish i can comment on this... i'm pro-gun brothers!

9. edtf

edtf

you guys have the right logic. I just don't know where the top brass gets theirs??? maybe straight from their ass

10. jlkwison

jlkwison custom

Really sad news. I was in mcs one time shooting using one of their range guns and I can't help think that I'm shooting a rent a gun while I have my own gun that I worked hard for to buy just laying in my apartment.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  11. MAJINKONG

MAJINKONG Sr. Member

Pambihira... i'll just dig deep inside my home and create a range just to enjoy my "house" gun.

12. BrassKnuckle

BrassKnuckle

Gen. Rosales was just citing 1st Quarter figures. Wala pa dun yung killings immediately before, during, and after the elections. I wonder what the numbers look like now...

The PNP is also saying that the last elections were relatively peaceful, but I'd say that's more because of the automation than the gun ban. With no ballot boxes to snatch and no canvassers to intimidate, the gunmen had very little to do.

Then again, despite the gun ban, the PNP was not able to control the proliferation of private armies in Abra and parts of Mindanao.

It was the Comelec and not the PNP that made the last elections relatively peaceful. I do hope they call another firearms summit so we can say that to their faces. That is if they still invite ProGun to participate. We know they're still sore over the way we defeated the firearm bill they proposed...

13. choi_tan2000

choi_tan2000 BoG # 55555

again,

it is not the gun ban that deters crime, it is how they implement it from the checkpoint and serious or pursuing the cases againt's the violators hindi puro areglo, so peaceful responsible gun owners will continue to be abiding.

14. sandman_sy

sandman_sy

Calling our newly Re-elected PRO GUNS Senators... if mag.extend ng gunban... mag.full auto ako sa bahay namin :) hahahahah....

15. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Hindi gun-ban ang sagot sa krimen.
    Laban ni Pacquiao, for ZERO crime.

16. De Angelo

De Angelo

Crime-ban kaya subukan nila o baka too much work ito for these Hard working Police men..

Dapat isabay na mawala si Bigote at boyzie sa amo nilang si Gloria

17. glock4ever!

glock4ever!

What's next after an extension of gun ban? Gun confiscation? And when gun confiscation comes, mga politicians lang, with their body guards and private armies, can own guns and be able to protect themselves. How about we ordinary citizens? I will never give up my Glock. And I will even add a Sig pistol in my collection. I hope our senators and congressmen will support ordinary law abiding citizens' privilage to own handguns for recreation and self protection.

Last edited: May 17, 2010
  18. mtho

mtho

why is it that politicians are allowed to keep their guns? are they better than us? what are they doing special? diba public service nga sila? bakit yung public ang nagsesrvice sa kanila? our tax money goes to pay people to protect them. it seems they get it trouble on their own doing and we shoulder the expense to protect them. di naman sila hari o dios diba puclic servant yung inapplyan nila nung campaign

19. Clusterbomb

Clusterbomb

Ay sus! When i saw the title of this thead, I said pa naman, "Well, just for once, mukhang ginamit nila utak nila."

Hind pala, mwa-ha-ha!! Yun kayang mga private army ng mga pulitikong bulok at pulpol ang disarmahan nila. Sa Mindanao, harap-harapan ang pagbitbit dun ng high-powered FA, pero wala silang magawa.

20. glock4ever!

glock4ever!

I think it was not the gun ban the reduced the gun-related crimes during the election period. I think and i believe it was the numerous check points set up by the PNP. And I think dapat hindi extention ng gun ban, kundi extention ng kanilang setting up of check points. Kasi majority ng gun related crimes are perpetrated with the use of unlisenced firearms.

Last edited: May 17, 2010