close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

PNP Beretta

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by isuzu, Aug 5, 2005.

1. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Does anybody have a picture of the PNP Beretta with PNP logos? It would be nice to post it in the Beretta pictures thread of the Beretta Club.:)

2. paltic

paltic

Sep 11, 2003
    ...speaking of Beretta 92Fs.. nabalian ng trigger rebound spring yung friend ko na PNP.. saan po kaya meron at magkano? yung spring muna ng kaninag I.D. ang iniligay "pansamantagal";P tnx

3. SMBeerDealer

SMBeerDealer Member

Sep 22, 2004
    Lytham St Annes, UK
    Same problem I had before. Couldn't find the spring anywhere. Bring the broken spring to Mang Dolfo. Think he's with Nashe now. He made me a couple and my gun's been running great ever since. ;)

4. jasonub

jasonub

Sep 28, 2003
    Philippines
    any spring manufacturing store can make one. use the german spring steel

5. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    I use the Wolff INS trigger conversion unit for the Brigadier. This cam and spring design is obviously a much stronger part than the stock spring. The cam is even coated by Robar. My particular unit has the factory strength tension. Still going strong after 2k rounds. The unit looks like this:

[​IMG]

6. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    Mga kapatid !

Is the Beretta the official sidearm of the PNP ?

Thanks !

7. vega

vega

Sep 29, 2001
    SoCal
    revo - Yes it is. But if the individual ca afford to but another FA he can do so. If it's a different caliber he will need to finance himself.

vega

8. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    I read in the Philippine Daily Inquirer a few weeks ago about an incident involving a former lawmaker threatening the Glock representative for the Asia/Pacific because he lost the rights to supply Glocks to the PNP. Is the PNP making the switch, or is this another "special project" of the PNP? Remember the conflict between the distributors of CZ and Beretta when they competed for the supply of the official PNP sidearm? I think it reached the courts.

9. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    I think gunsmiths can make trigger return springs made out of good quality piano wire. Can the Wolff INS trigger conversion unit fit Taurus PT 92 pistols?

10. Alexii

Alexii Janeway Forever

Nov 14, 2001
    Delta Quadrant
    It didn't say in the description that it would work with the PT92s. Here's some additional info from Wolff's website:

This product was developed at the request of INS (Immigration and Naturalization Service), the largest federal law enforcement agency in the country, to solve the problem of trigger spring breakage in their duty weapons. Now, after more than a year of development and tens of thousands of rounds of punishing testing by INS and Wolff Gunsprings, we are pleased top make this available to everyone. This product is a must for law enforcement as well as the serious shooter.

This coil spring trigger return unit requires no modifications at all to the pistol other than the removal of the factory trigger spring. The main benefit of this unit is the elimination of trigger spring breakage. Additional features include smoother trigger pulls and improved staging. This units make an already fine pistol even better!

The components are custom manufactured for Wolff Gunsprings to exacting standards. The coil spring of course is manufactured by us to our normal high standards. The cam and pin are coated with Robar's NP3® finish for improved lubricity. Each unit is then hand assembled and inspected before delivery.

We are offering three variations of the unit. The INS unit which is essentially equivalent to factory strength. A reduced power unit for lighter pulls and an extra power unit for faster, crisper returns. This is the product you have been waiting for to enhance your Beretta 92 or 96 series pistol.

PLEASE NOTE:
    Will not function in latest Beretta 92/96 pistols with polymer triggers.

11. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    It would be nice if the trigger conversion kit fits the Taurus PT 92/96 pistols. I'd put one on my Taurus.

12. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    true, PNP personel even have a loan facility through their GSIS

13. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    Sad thing is with the poor rookie cop especially in the provinces. They didn't receive an issue sidearm after graduation, got it on loan from some lending facility that caters to firearms loans of PNP personnel, and end up paying almost double the price of the firearm.

14. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Talking about sidearms, I'm a bit perplexed by the armed police here in Singapore.

With their upcoming Independence Day, I see more and more armed police walking around. Their sidearms consist of revos and judging from the appearance, it seems it's a very old, thin barreled model. It also seems to be rusted in place in the holster. ;P

However, they do carry MP5 PDW's as their main. ;) Baka short batuta yung mga sidearms akala ko lang revo. ;f

Hanep yung practice nila dito for the big day. All-out at akala mo tutoo na. Kompleto ng display at pati airshow ng jets nila. Galeng! Ang ingay pala ng mga hinayupak na afterburners na yan pag malapit sa ground level...;P

15. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Sep 29, 2003
    Shooting
    yeah that was my observation too, iirc, naka lanyard pa yan sa shoulder nila. it used to be that way in manila, nung panahon ni gundog ;f . its a good thing they have mp-5s. bilib din ako sa respeto ng tao, kahit petite na chick ang pulis, atras sila

16. Mang Danny

Mang Danny

Jan 11, 2005
    Puweda bang maging friend or neighbor? ;f

17. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Feb 21, 2002
    Philippines
    Not sure about that Mang danny. Just found out ang hirap pala maghanap ng deodorant dito. That should tell you something...or smell something ba dapat..?.;f;f;f

18. tima1

tima1

Dec 2, 2004
    Philippines
    Go to trust trade nabalian na rin yung 92fs ko. Just buy the same part for the pt92 its still working in my 92fs. A bit stiff when new just keep firing it and it will soften by itself. Dirt cheap to. 50 pesos yata.

19. jerrytrini

jerrytrini

Sep 15, 2001
    19th Hole
    I WILL TRY TO BRING some trigger springs for 92FS in January. Note the caps. These are $0.83 cents each, but getting them from a source is another story.

20. darwin25

darwin25 Make your move

HAHA. Just like my first month in Shenzen, China. It so happened na nasa Longgang district ako. Malapit na ko maubusan ako ng deodorant. 2 days na wala pa din ako mabili. Buti na lang may nakita ako sa isang mall na ang pangalan ay New World (halos lahat yata ng establishment doon pangalan New World). And they only have about 10 in stock. So I decided to buy 3. FA yata ang tatak nun.