close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pmag score

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Scott3670, Feb 1, 2013.

1. I was at my lgs today and one of the salesman who knows me let me in on a secret. He'll be getting several dozen Pmags (30 rounders) in next week and will be selling them for $16 each. I immediately put down cash for two (that's the alotment he allowed). Talk about being in the right place at the right time! :broccoli:

2. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I wandered into one of my smaller lgs & they just opened a box. $20 a pc, 3 per customer.

3. Hawaiiglock

Hawaiiglock 58008

Jul 15, 2008
    Kona, Hi
    LGS got a bunch in at 30 bucks a pop, they can keep them. What are the people who spent 50 dollars plus on one P mag going to do when prices bottom out? Dim the lights, turn on some Boy George, and cry softly while drinking cheap box wine?

4. hsprincipal

hsprincipal

Nov 19, 2011
    Kentucky
    Buds in Lexington KY is selling the M3 for $39.99. They've had them in stock every time I've gone in there over the last two months.. Guess I know why they are keeping them in stock... I have been disappointed in Buds they have raised all their prices... Handguns, rifles, accessories... Sad really because its the only place I've been buying for the last two years... Lately not so much...

5. gunowner1

gunowner1

Jul 11, 2011
    Jensen Beach
    My LGS went the price gouging route. They have a box of Pmags marked at $44.50 a piece! Also have G19 mags for $50.00 a piece and they had one box of LPP's for $47.50. I ended up grabbing a few targets and leaving with nothing else last time I was there.

6. banjobob

banjobob

Nov 3, 2008
    Texas
    I'm not bragging, just reporting. I came home last week to a box containing 10 pmags with windows from dsgarms. They were around $15 each.

7. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    Went to Quantico Tactical this week and picked up some for $12.50

8. Holy crap, that's a great price. Great score!

9. EODLRD

EODLRD AF Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Washington
    When did you order? (I have a pending order with them.)

Thx

10. banjobob

banjobob

Nov 3, 2008
    Texas
    December 24th, they were fde. I also ordered some black but have not received any yet.

11. RWBlue

RWBlue Mr. CISSP, CISA CLM

Jan 24, 2004
    It depends.
    First, I have to assume that they can afford to buy the $50 mags.

Second, I have bought stuff and watched the market change. How many of us have bought a computer to see it become worthless in just a couple years. It happens. You take the loss knowing you got what you wanted when you wanted it.

Third thought, there will be some buyers remorse for those that can not afford something they bought. If someone is reading this and wants to sell something, I will try to give these people a fair shake, but I do believe in supply an demand.

Fourth, I do think a ban will happen in my lifetime. At that point that $50 mag may become something they can not use, can not sell, or may become a $500 mag. As they say on the Class3 forum, there is no such thing as buying a machine gun for too much, but you may be buying it too early for the price.

12. mjkeat

mjkeat

Jun 17, 2009
    Midwest
    It's not great, it's MSRP.

13. michael_b

michael_b BRC #1492

Sep 3, 2011
    Kansas
    Quantico is great about that. I'm not too far from their Fort Riley location and they are at every Kansas City metro area gun show with their PMAG '5 for $55' deal.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

14. spcwes

spcwes

Feb 22, 2005
    Texas
    Yea I have done $thousands in business with buds over the years and went to look at their website the other day and they had 30rd metal AK mags on the front page for $55 each. Sad day indeed. Oh well, hope they sell them it just won't be to me.

15. PSUEng

PSUEng

Dec 31, 2008
    Over the last 2 or 3 years, Bud's has not been the deal they used to be. Once they moved to their new retail store in Lexington, prices went up, and the customer service went down. When they were in Paris, it was a better place to go. Now they are so huge on the internet, I think they overcharge in the retail store to stay as competitive as they do on the internet. I bought from them over a year ago on the internet---free shipping, no tax, and my FFL transferred for $15--they can't be beat when you buy that way. But brick and morter store, they don't have the edge they used to.

16. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada

Me too. 12/28 was my order date. Still waiting. I should have 20 coming.

MF

17. Leigh

Leigh

May 22, 2000
    Eastern Kentucky
    Sadly, in today's marketplace and glut of panic-buying, just about ANYTHING gun-related at MSRP is indeed great.

:upeyes:

18. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    I just picked up a handful of 30 round PMags for $13/ea, some .223 for 9.95/20 and some 5.56 for 8.95/20

It's out there.... if you look.

19. RustyDaleShackleford

RustyDaleShackleford Giblet Head

Nov 5, 2010
    North Carolina
    It's the people who stock up every possible chance, until they have 10,000 rounds of each caliber, and 50+ magazines are the ones causing the shortages, and are the reason people like me can't find ANYTHING. Can't get a single box of ammo, and can't find a 6th AR magazine. About 10% of the gun people are overdoing it. If the worst happens, and they actually have to use those things, how is a small fraction of--not everyone, just of the gun folks--gonna be able to do anything? They'll have forced everyone else out of being able to get in on the action. Ammo and magazines will collect dust in basements, while millions can't do a thing.

20. larson1122

larson1122

Jan 30, 2012
    Minnesota
    Overdoing it by whose standards? Who gets to decide when somebody has enough, you? Who are you to tell somebody what they do or don't need? And if you can't find a 6th AR magazine, you aren't looking hard enough.