close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

PMAG gen 2 or 3

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by win, Apr 18, 2013.

1. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    I have some brand new in the package Magpul MOE PMAGs. They are gen 2 and have no dust covers in the package. You can buy the MOEs separately.

2. BuckyP

BuckyP Lifetime Member

Feb 1, 2005
    PA
    Thanks for the info. :wavey:

I have a line on a few MOEs. I wanted them to be GEN2, so I can use the Brownells coupler or the extensions that make them 48 rounds. So this is good news.

Not even sure what the dust cover is for, but don't think they'd be needful for competition shooting.

3. wct097

wct097

Jan 11, 2000
    VA
    The dust cover fits over the top of the mag and is designed to keep dust/debris out when in storage and not being used. I believe that they also push the rounds down a bit to relieve the pressure on the lips of the mag. I typically keep my loaded mags in the safe with the dust cover installed.

I have a 20 rounder that the dust cover won't stay on though. Kind of annoying, but certainly not the end of the world.

4. The first I heard of Magpul was when the Marine commander banned them in Afghanistan. I have a bunch of them. I have mixed feelings about plastic feed lips. They seem to work well, but I have some heavily used military magazines that are 40+ years old and still working fine.

Recently, I have started to use AR-Stoner stainless steel magazines. I wonder how they compare with Magpul.

5. PaLEOjd

PaLEOjd

Jun 1, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Those AR Stoner mags are pretty much CProducts Defense with a different floorplate marking. I have several of them and they seem to be the same.
    The Lancer polymer mags have a hardened steel feed lip and are great mags. Much easier to find right now than the PMags are. I have been using them for a while and they run flawless.

6. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank Who?

May 15, 2010
    NW Florida
    Magpul's own PMAG coupler works with both the M2/MOE and M3 PMAGs just fine.

7. pizza_pablo

pizza_pablo USN Retired

Oct 23, 2009
    From that online merchant-not-to-be-named-here
    $12.30 for Gen 2 and $14.20 for Gen 3.
    I ordered some of each, Tuesday and they are in the mail! :wavey:

ETA: I recieved the PMAGS! :supergrin:
    The Gen 2s are marked MOA and had no covers.
    The Gen 3s have covers.

Last edited: Jun 28, 2013
  8. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    I got a load of Gen3 magazines last week from Brownells. I paid 12.30 for them. Then again I get the dealer discount.