close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PM9 sight picture?

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by East River Guide, Jan 24, 2012.

1. East River Guide

East River Guide
    Expand Collapse
    Glockaholic

Was thinking about getting a PM9 but have never shot one. What sight picture POA/POI does the PM9 have? Target hold (#2) or combat hold (#3)? I'd be getting the one with night sights.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Denied

Denied
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Member

no 1.

3. Linux3

Linux3
    Expand Collapse

Maybe my eyes are bad but I shoot #3 and shoot it well at the local BUG matches.

4. DMAR

DMAR
    Expand Collapse

I use #2 with my PM9, but thats just because that works for my carry ammo, at what I deem to be a defensive distance. The PM9 has fixed sights, so much of this decision has to do with the ammo that you are using, and the distance that you are shooting from. Once you get a load that you are going to stick with for carry, then determine the distance that you want to go with. You will then have a point of impact with your fixed sights, and can adjust hold point accordingly...

In other words, if you are hitting high, then you would float the target point abive the sight picture, like in the #1 hold shown above. If it's hitting right on, then line up level with the target (#2).

To me, the three hold points that are shown, are really appropriate to adjustable sights, where you can raise, or lower the POI to suite your load selection. Then, the hold position is really just a matter of preference (how do you want to hold the sights on the target...). Most traditional Bullseye shooters opt for hold #1.

Again, with the PM9, you just have to figure out the impact of your load selection, and adjust hold point accordingly. I hope this helps.

5. GlockFish

GlockFish
    Expand Collapse
    Floyd

I use between 1 and 2.

6. GOOFA

GOOFA
    Expand Collapse

The correct answer is #2 @ 30ft.

7. Caver 60

Caver 60
    Expand Collapse

For what it's worth, not specific to the PM9.

I used sight picture number two for years. Until I started shooting at moving targets.

Then I found myself shooting low on the moving targets. Now I prefer sight picture number 1. I don't shoot low anymore on moving targets with that sight picture. Assuming I have adjustable sights or I can find an ammo that makes center hits with sight picture number 1 and fixed sights.

I think it might have something to do with a subconscious hesitancy to cover the target with the sights. Just guessing here, but I know the real life shooting results. I've even shot small moving four legged animals with no big problem.

8. harrydog

harrydog
    Expand Collapse

I must be missing something. If you were shooting low with #2, how did switching to #1 solve that? I would think it would make it worse.

9. jknight8907

jknight8907
    Expand Collapse

By adjusting the sights so point of impact is above the front sight, but still aiming at the same point on the target, your actual poi will be higher than before.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

10. harrydog

harrydog
    Expand Collapse

I was missing something. Wasn't even thinking that the point of impact was the same for all sight pictures shown. Makes sense now.

11. ithaca_deerslayer

ithaca_deerslayer
    Expand Collapse

My PM9 is on target with #2, just like every other fricken gun I own :)

12. harrydog

harrydog
    Expand Collapse

All my guns are #2 also. Works fine for me.