close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

PM9 kaboom

Discussion in 'Kahr Club' started by hackbart, May 21, 2010.

1. hackbart

hackbart minimalist

Apr 7, 2007
    The Indian Nations
    I'm bummed. My wife's PM9 blew up today. She's okay, so that's good. Scared her good. Side panel blew out like it should so it just bruised and cut her hand.

Gun is toast:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

We were shooting my reloads so I guess I am out a gun. But I've reloaded over 10K rounds and never had a problem before.

The pictures aren't all that great, but maybe you can see the bottom half of the back of the shell is blown out. Barrel is not damaged. Is that how a hot load looks when it blows out? It almost looks like it fired when it was not all the way back into battery.

2. Denied

Denied NRA Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Ohio
    Exactly like that, blown out or bulged base of brass is a sure sign of hot round. Likely a double charge of powder, not hard to do when reloading. Glad no one was hurt.

3. FLSlim

FLSlim

Apr 12, 2010
    FL W Coast
    All of us need this kind of safety reminder when reloading! Glad the damage was to the weapon!