close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

please tell me this did not just happen

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by ctious, Aug 1, 2012.

1. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    So I shipped my long slide and a rmr off to Bowie last week thur. Checked the tracking today and it does not exsist. UPS may have lost It. I emailed Bowie to see if it got there. I pray it did. I insured it but not that it does any good being I cant get anothet long slide right now anyways. Called UPS and they have no record of it.

Guess i wont be getting much sleep tonight.

2. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
    This did not happen. Gawd I hope not. I'd be one PO'd mofugga.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2012

3. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    I dont know if i should be mad or just start crying. Lol.

4. dm1906

dm1906 Retired SO

Sep 7, 2010
    PRK (Kalifornia)
    Did you ship it through a "UPS Store", or one of those mailbox stores? I occasionally use a mailbox store, and I rarely get the shipping notice or see it in the system before the package is received (or a week or two later). Almost as bad as Postal.

5. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    Shipped it through my shop. UPS picks up from my place.

6. Yondering

Yondering

Dec 3, 2011
    Well, all the postal systems seem to have their issues, but I just hate using UPS, and avoid it whenever possible.

7. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    I have never had a problem with them before. I have had stuff go missing from usps and fed ex.

I hope its not gone.

8. dm1906

dm1906 Retired SO

Sep 7, 2010
    PRK (Kalifornia)
    Ouch! I have pick-ups once in a while, and they're in the system within an hour. Good luck! I hope the driver didn't drop the ball. If he didn't scan it right away (I always insist they do), I don't know. UPS has always been better for me than the others. It's a box with an address on it, so hope for the best.

9. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    As of late everything I have ordered or shipped has taken a day or so to show up in their system, give it some time, hopefully it's not gone, let's be positive.

:wavey:

10. GlockN

GlockN

Apr 15, 2011
    He shipped it last week. It should have arrived at its destination already.

11. Fire_Medic

Fire_Medic Polymer Butcher CLM

May 19, 2008
    The Gunshine State
    UPS ground is 5 business days the weekend doesn't count......depending on when Thursday he shipped it early or late it might or might not have left his local processing center that day, 5 business days puts him at today.

Besides I'm just trying to be positive, thanks for throwing more negativity at the guy :wavey:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  12. _The_Shadow

_The_Shadow Ret. Fireman

Jul 23, 2007
    Southeast, LoUiSiAna
    Citous, Hope everthing finds its way to the proper destination!
    Things do happen, here lately I have been double boxing things with address info on the inside of packages I send out. Sometimes I think the target packages with insured items...soccer, football, basketball are just a few things I picture as the package goes thru the shipping process. LOL :dunno:

13. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    Shipped thur. 2 day delivery. Monday it should have been at Bowie. Still waiting to hear back from bowie.

This just sucks.

14. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder Gun Activist

May 26, 2002
    Central Ohio
    I hate to be the guy who dumps bad on a hopeful member of GlockTalk... but a few years ago UPS was in the middle of a theft scandal. They were caught skimming certain items and labeling them as lost or not received, only to sell them on eBay and a few other websites. This is how I purchased my Cairns 1010 fire helmet for less than $80.oo.

I am not saying this is what happened. I hope and pray it did not happen, but they have a poor track record with this sort of thing going back over 10 years now.

15. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    Well if any one sees a lone wolf sold top long slide posted please let me know. If its mine I will know. Not saying how but I will know. Thanks guys.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2012
  16. ctious

ctious

Dec 12, 2011
    Just heard from bowie he has it. That is a relief. How can a package not show up in their system if they delivered it? Who knows. But my stuff is safe.

17. alwaysshootin

alwaysshootin

Nov 14, 2005
    Real glad to hear it made it! After just reading your post, I wasn't going to be able to sleep tonight, worrying about, where it might be! I don't mind ordering things, but I hate shipping things off, especially things, that are hard to replace!

18. Angry Fist

Angry Fist The Original® Lifetime Member

Dec 30, 2009
    Hellbilly Hill
  19. Wolf Spyder

Wolf Spyder Gun Activist

May 26, 2002
    Central Ohio
  20. nickE10mm

nickE10mm F.S.F.O.S.

Apr 13, 2004
    Wichita, KS
    Whoa!!!! Congrats!! Its funny, even if you're having a sh^&$y day and then you get good news like that, your whole day is JUST GREAT, right? :cool: