close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Please Reccomend CCW Dress Belts

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by windplex, Jan 27, 2012.

1. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    CCW recently came to WI. so I need dress gun belts. I greatly appreciate your reccomendations! Brian

2. dosei

dosei

Mar 22, 2005
    Upstate SC

3. beancounter81

beancounter81

Oct 10, 2009
    NC
    +1 on thebeltman.net - I have several of his belts & very pleased.

4. up1911fan

up1911fan

Mar 12, 2009
    Upper Michigan
    In order of preference: Occidental Stronghold, The Beltman, Comp-Tac.

5. barth

barth six barrels

Oct 7, 2011
    The Free Zone
    Galco SB1
    A little pricey, but worth every penny.

6. NC Bullseye

NC Bullseye

Aug 14, 2006
    Foothills
    another +1 for thebeltman.net He's got some of the finest made belts and works in some exotics. You will not be unhappy with his work.

7. Most of the holster manufacturers also make belts. Matching rigs including belt, holster, and mag pouches are pretty sweet.

8. racer88

racer88 NRA & SAF mbr

Oct 14, 2009
    Another vote for The Beltman. I've got 2 dressy belts from him.

9. MN-glock27

MN-glock27

Oct 6, 2007
    MN/IN
    A&G custom gunleather or Beltman, they're both pretty similar though A&G is a little less expensive.

10. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    It would be helpful if you'd describe the gun/holster you're going to carry. I've had excellent results with a $10 double-hole leather belt I bought at Wal-Mart. I accommodates all the IWB/OWB holsters I own.

11. Another beltman fan here. Worn mine daily for over a year now carrying in suits and it stil looks great. No one from cops to defendants have really noticed it was different than every other belt.

ETA - mine is a 1.5" black bullhide no stiffener

Last edited: Jan 27, 2012
  12. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    USA
    Another vote for Beltman. I also reccomend the taper option for wearing with dress clothes.

I can support a P226 and double mag pouch on my normal 1.5" without the internal stiffener.

13. windplex

windplex

Aug 2, 2005
    Milwaukee
    i may well have the cart before the horse. i dont have a ccw holster picked out yet. do have a paddle and leather owb.

14. blackjack

blackjack

Jan 22, 2000
    Sand Springs OK
    I won't question your results but I do question your fashion sense of considering a double-hole belt = "dress belt" as noted in the OP's title question. Most pants that qualify for consideration as "dressy" may only accomodate a 1-1/4" belt maximum. The typical retail outlet belt of that width, no matter where sold, will not perform as a gun belt, especially in stabilizing the holster. This is especially true for the OWB method.

With the width limitation for dress pants, quality belt construction becomes paramount with considerations for thickness, Kevlar liner, leather selection, etc. Of course, as noted by others, it must perform as a system with the holster selection and this becomes more important in the dress pant usage.