close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Please Help...I'm Trying To Find This Video

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ADRIANOsoprano, Mar 17, 2012.

1. ADRIANOsoprano

ADRIANOsoprano

Oct 26, 2008
    Hey all, so my buddy and I were discussing pros and cons of carrying with a round in the chamber. In our discussion, I mentioned a video I saw a couple years ago that showed an armed jewelery clerk/owner being shot by assailants. The video clearly shows the jewelry clerk struggle to load a round in the chamber of his weapon. he ultimately died and I don't believe was able to get a single shot off. I explained that after I saw that video that I decided to always carry +1 and I'd love to show him the video. The only problem is I'm having the hardest time finding this video online. Does anyone have a URL to the video? Any help is appreciated!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

2. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Man, I remember it, but I can't find it either. IIRC, it was in California, if that helps narrow your search any.

3. eracer

eracer Where's my EBT?

Apr 5, 2011
    Tampa, FL
    [ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=086_1260862712"]LiveLeak.com - Jewelery Store Shooting in Agra[/ame]

4. slickt0mmy

slickt0mmy

Jan 17, 2011
    Ohio
    That video alone was enough for me to confirm that Condition 1 is the ONLY way to carry.

5. dhkaiser

dhkaiser

Jun 15, 2011
    That's not a robbery, that is a hit. They took nothing but his gun.

6. snubfan

snubfan Giant Member

Apr 23, 2008
    Omaha
    This is another good one. Notice that the guy drops his mag trying to rack the slide.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0jxfcgj1fc"]Raw Video: Shootout With Store Robbers - YouTube[/ame]
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Rgq45MJ-Og"]Shootout in Tenn. convenience store - YouTube[/ame]

7. 17&27

17&27

Feb 19, 2012
    Tx
    Well, that pretty much takes Israeli carry off my list of carry options.

8. Dogbite

Dogbite DNT TREAD ON ME

May 20, 2000
    Tennessee
    I manage a pawn shop/gun shop, and I think about this all the time. I always keep one in the chamber. Once a guy threatened me with a gun--I grabbed the gun with my left hand, and my right hand went to draw my weapon. If I would have had to put one in the chamber, I could have been dead as well. You dont always have two hands available! I know the belt rack deal, but good luck trying to do that while in a melee with someone.

9. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    I dunno, I guess everyone has to evaluate their own circumstances.

For me, I believe I'm far more at risk to be in a fight where I can't properly manipulate the slide with both hands, than I am to have a ND (which is the only logical reason to carry Israeli, IMO)

10. Gunhaver

Gunhaver the wrong hands

Jan 24, 2012
    I don't understand why this is ever even debated.

11. EMTCOP

EMTCOP

Jun 30, 2008

This!!!

Last edited: Mar 18, 2012