close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Please Clarify Stock/Amateur

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by viper144, Aug 3, 2011.

1. viper144

viper144

Tell me if I am correct for Stock amateur to shoot GSSF.
    I have a 19 and 26....both are equiped with 10-8 sights, front post is brass bead.....this is OK.
    Both have extended slide lock and mag release ....these are Not allowed.
    Are these two statements correct?

2. ede

ede Bama's Friend

if the parts are from Glock you're legal, if not from Glock aftermarket parts will bump you to Unlimited. the sights are OK ,any notch and post type sight is legal.

3. viper144

viper144

Thanks ede
    Guess I had better change my extended slide lock and mag release back before I shoot.
    Both are from Vickers Tactical, not a Glock product.
    Thanks again

4. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Since Glock does not make an extended slide lock, either remove them or shoot unlimited. If the extended mag releases are made by Glock, then it is OK even though not needed in GSSF.

5. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

Glock may not make the extended slide lock on his gun. But they do make one correct?

Thats what came on my G34.

6. BamaTrooper

BamaTrooper Retired

Don't confuse slide lock with slide stop lever (commonly misnamed slide release).

7. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Glock makes an extended slide stop lever, but does not make an extended slide lock--two totally different parts.

The slide lock is the two exposed tabs ahead of the trigger guard that you depress to remove the slide.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  8. Noponer

Noponer

It does not have to be "made on his gun" if is a stock Glock part.

Extended slide stop levers & extended mag releases manufactured by Glock are legal on any Glock. Any part ever made by Glock is legal on any Glock if it does not cause a safety issue.

9. Noponer

Noponer

I like your new Avatar, Bama. That is you, right? :supergrin:

I know this weather has been HOT, but isn't kinda skimpy for a patrol uniform? I will admit, though, that the boots give a touch of authority.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  10. viper144

viper144

Sorry, my miss identification......the slide stop lever is extended and is made for Vickers Tactical.
    This item may be easily identified as not Glock, but the Vickers extended mag release is very common to the Glock.
    I understand the rules are rules, but if the mag release is not particularly a question for competion, want difference does it matter?
    Thanks all for the answers.
    I am hoping to compete in my first GSSF in Colorado.

11. triggerjerker

triggerjerker

12. Alexd29

Alexd29 Go Bucks!

My bad, i misunderstood. Thanks for the clarification.:embarassed:

13. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Double tapped a reply...

Last edited: Aug 4, 2011
  14. S.Kargoh

S.Kargoh

Cheaters gonna cheat.

It ain't hard to follow rules if that's what you aim to do.

15. triggerjerker

triggerjerker

I agree with you on how easy it is to follow the rules and they should be enforced. But the fact of the matter is everyone calls aftermarket parts cheating and by the rules it is. But really nobody gains anything because there is no aftermarket parts (mag. ext., slide stops, springs, barrels, etc.) that can lower someones overall time in a GSSF match. Most shooters would be better off buying ammo to practice with than bolting new junk on their guns.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  16. viper144

viper144

triggerjerker
    That is precisly the point I was trying to make.
    I have no problem following rules. I was just trying to get clarification. If I ever get to shoot at a GSSF match, I will replace my extended (non glock) parts back to stock and compete as stock and have fun.
    It just seemed strange that I can improve the sights with aftermarket (which could have an advantage, but not with parts that have no bearing on competion out-come.
    Again Thanks everyone

17. Norske

Norske Millennium Member

It is a matter of perception. Of preventing "equipment races".

Between them, Chris, Cindy, and Scott, who write the GSSF rules, have about 80 years of USPSA/IPSC experience between them among several other forms of competition.

They are strict on aftermarket parts because they have seen, firsthand, how new shooters will tend to waste all sorts of money on the latest, greatest gun gadget or modification, when they would be much better off, as a new shooter, spending the same money on ammo and good instruction.

The aim is to prevent "equipment races" that do little to really improve a new shooter's performance (much to the contrary of the gadget maker's claims for the gadget). :steamed:

They have also observed that aftermarket parts can sometimes tend to make the Glock run less reliably than stock. So that is a factor as well. Malfing guns at a GSSF match waste everyone's time. :faint:

18. MajorD

MajorD

agree with norske- and the problem with starting to allow non glock parts is then where to draw the line- they don't want gssf to be an equipment race, and am very glad they have kept it that way. You actually in all honesty add very little to the performance of a glock by adding aftermarket parts anyway,so why bother.

19. triggerjerker

triggerjerker

You can do a non gun equipment race. Get extra magazines and the best gun bag / cart combo you can get. By saving energy carring around all the stuff you need for a GSSF match (5 divisions) will help your scores more the any gun parts.