Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Please advise Great choice in a knife

Discussion in 'The US Marine Corps Forum' started by MTHall49, Jul 15, 2007.

1. I am looking for both myself and a friend, for a very sturdy,
    work horse, folding knife with a Tanto style blade.
    Any of you have one to recommend with around a 4 inch blade?

For a fixed blade I was consider the Ka-Bar Tanto edge, with about 8 inch length. Is KaBar in general still popular with the Marines?

I wanted to be one of you, but eyesight kept me out. Uncle, Cousin, and friends got in though.

Semper Fi brothers.
  2. chadb1019

chadb1019 Cpl. Punishment

Jul 1, 2007
    Right here
    yeah the k-bar has a lot, LOT of history with the Marine Corps. It is an awsome fighting/untility knife. I think when I was getting out in 2005, they were actually changing to another type. Actually I think it may have been just the bayonet that is getting a change. I dunno.

3. Marine8541

Marine8541 iseedeadpeople

Jul 10, 2006
    Littleton, Colorado
    While KA-Bars aren't POS they are definately a knife for a budget. On the originals the wood handle was so weak that if you used the butt end as a hammer you'd risk breaking it and the finish wore off quickly. The new KA-Bars called the D2's and the next gens are better with a molded handle and a way better finish that resists wear and abuse better and hold an edge longer. If you get a K Bar get the new Kydex sheath for it will last way longer than leather.

For the same money you can get a way better knife in the LMF II from gerber.