close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Plated Bullets through a Glock Barrel?

Discussion in 'GATE Info & Announcements' started by Tom D, Jan 7, 2013.

1. What is the opinion regarding platedas compared to lead? Ok or not?

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

2. Do not use lead bullets in poly rifling(Glock). Use ONLY jacketed bullets. I don't know what you mean by plated; I assume you mean jacketed(ie full metal jacket FMJ, jacketed hollow point jhp, etc.)
    If you prefer lead projectiles, your Glock will perform fine with an aftermarket barrel with typical rifling( Lone Wolf etc.) Be safe, and happy new year.

3. Black&TAN

Black&TAN Senior Member

Jun 13, 2011
    Cleveland, OH
    Perfectly okay. I shoot thousands of rounds of plated, with no problems whatsoever. Just make sure you've got proper bell as not to shave the thin plating, don't crimp tight enough to notice a ring around the bullet, and you're golden.

sent via Tapatalk

4. Mtwain

Mtwain

Jan 8, 2013
    I have been using Berry's & Frontiers for years in my G34. Theyre clean, accurate enough for USPSA & Steel Matches, and less money then copper jacketed.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2013
  5. Sheepdog689

Sheepdog689 NRA Life Member

Oct 24, 2010
    All I reload for my Glocks are Berry's bullets (plated). No problem with leading or anything else.