close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Plain old Remington 147gr. 9mm JHP

Discussion in 'Reloading' started by SDDL-UP, Oct 1, 2012.

1. SDDL-UP

SDDL-UP

Dec 4, 2006
    Idaho
    What's your experience with the plain old Remington 147gr. JHP 9mm?

I think Golden Saber bullets are an outstanding JHP, but haven't tried the "regular" Remington JHP. Do they work well? I'm not expecting them to be a Gold Dot or Golden Saber, just wondering how they've been working for you.

Thanks!

2. noylj

noylj

Jul 20, 2010
    They are good bullets, but they cost too much.
    Trying to duplicate a S/D load?
    I would stock up on Montana Gold 148gn CMJ-FN for practice.
    If making your own S/D loads, then I just don't know...

3. SDDL-UP

SDDL-UP

Dec 4, 2006
    Idaho
    I do need to order up some Montana Gold bullets for practice. I have used them in the past. My experience is that they might be a little too hard for SD loads, but perhaps out of the 10mm...... hmmm

4. I have heard/read that MG JHP have poor expansion, but I've never seen any imperical data. I use MG 124 JHP for match ammo out of my G34 racegun and their 147 CMJ for my stock-gun match ammo.

I 'practice' with my match ammo across the board.

5. ilgunguygt

ilgunguygt Enslaved in IL

My testing with MG hollowpoints was interesting. I loaded 125gr JHPs over 16.5gr of Alliant 2400 in 357 cases. The bullets completely came apart into fragments in both wet pack and 5 gallon water jugs.