close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Places you can't carry?

Discussion in 'Glockers of the Old Dominion' started by johnydoe, May 20, 2007.

1. johnydoe

johnydoe

Apr 17, 2007
    I tried www.packing.org but can't seem to find about places you can't carry legally. I live in Virginia. I know you can't carry a gun in churches, courthouses, airports and schools. Where else?

2. Can't carry concealed in a place that is licensed as a club or restaurant by ABC.

Can't carry where the property owner prohibits it.

From the VA State Police web site:

http://www.vsp.state.va.us/Firearms_ResidentConcealed.shtm

Where Unlawful to Carry

§18.2-308 (J.3.): No person shall carry a concealed handgun onto the premises of any restaurant or club as defined in § 4.1-100 for which a license to sell and serve alcoholic beverages for on-premises consumption has been granted by the Virginia Alcoholic Beverage Control Board under Title 4.1 of the Code of Virginia, nothing herein shall prohibit any sworn law-enforcement officer from carrying a concealed handgun on the premises of such restaurant or club or any owner or event sponsor or his employees from carrying a concealed handgun while on duty at such restaurant or club if such person has a concealed handgun permit.

§18.2-308 (O.): Private property when prohibited by the owner of the property, or where posted as prohibited.

§18.2-283: To a place of worship while a meeting for religious purposes is being held at such place, without good and sufficient reason.

§18.2-283.1: Courthouse.

§18.2-308.1: School property. Exemptions to this statute include a person who has a valid concealed handgun permit and possesses a concealed handgun while in a motor vehicle in a parking lot, traffic circle, or other means of vehicular ingress or egress to the school.

§18.2-287.01: Carrying weapon in air carrier airport terminal.

3. bulwaagh

bulwaagh

Apr 27, 2005
    Augusta Co, VA
    Was there some other code that prohibited carrying in the secured area of a police/law enforcement station, or am I imagining things that really arent there?