close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Place to shoot in Pocono?

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania Glockers Club' started by NOTV8, Dec 29, 2007.

1. NOTV8

NOTV8
    Expand Collapse
    Glock-a-holic

I will be moving to Pocono next year. Any range close to this area? A place to get new hardware is not bad idea also :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Steve in PA

Steve in PA
    Expand Collapse

There is a free public range near Gouldsboro on SGL #127.

Sunset Hills is a pay as you go range.

3. DeadMansLife

DeadMansLife
    Expand Collapse

4. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

:) By the time you move here, Dunkelberger's Sports Outfitters will have a brand new indoor shooting range up and running in downtown Stroudsburg.

(Everyone keeps telling me that it's going to be state-of-the-art!) :thumbsup:

There are a number of excellent well-stocked gun shops in the area: Dunkelberger's in Stroudsburg, American Sport Shooting in Brodheadsville, and A & A Sporting Goods in Tannersville are the first 3 that come to mind. Chuck Lutz is one of the best restoration gunsmiths in the Northeast. He's certified for both Glocks and 1911's, too.

(Chuck wasn't just trained by Kimber; he actually RAN Kimber's repair facility for several years - If you shoot, Chuck's a good man to know!) ;)

Lots of area shooters use the facilities at the Palmerton Rod & Gun Club on Route 209 outside of Trachsville. They've got a beautiful clubhouse and a very nice 300 yard rifle range! There are other clubs, too. The state gamelands you've already been told about are, also, popular places to go in good weather. Gouldsboro is located immediately off Interstate 380 at Exit #13. Just turn West at the end of the ramp and follow the river down through the woods until you come to it.

Welcome to the Poconos! :cool:

5. Rylos1

Rylos1
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Endowment
    CLM

Where is the range going to be in Stroudsburg?

6. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

7. GlockBuddah

GlockBuddah
    Expand Collapse

Let me know when they open an indoor gun range. I grew up in Sburg and come back to visit from time to time and would like to bring my G23.

8. Arc Angel

Arc Angel
    Expand Collapse
    Deus Vult!

:) The range on state gameland #206, 'Red Rock' off Pitla Road is much nicer!

Directions

And, outstandlingly beautiful, 'Ricketts Glen' state park is only a few miles further down Rt. 118.

Ricketts Glen

This is where we like to go in order to both: picnic, run the dogs, AND shoot!

;)

9. Steve in PA

Steve in PA
    Expand Collapse

We go to the SGL #206 range about 99% of the time. The only time I go to the SGL #127 range is when I want to shoot a rifle at 200yds.

But.....the SGL #206 range has been taking some abuse of late. It used to be a hidden gem, but word got out and idiots started messing up the place.

Shooting the 2x4 supports, shooting bottles and other crap, etc.

10. darango360

darango360
    Expand Collapse

I don't know the number. But it is on route 6 in Pike County. I go at least once a week. I love it there. Never had any problems there and it's free.

Can't beat that.

john:tongueout:

11. bac1023

bac1023
    Expand Collapse

I'll have to check it out.

12. big mike 2003

big mike 2003
    Expand Collapse

go to sunset shooting range went there along time ago. i don't even know if is still there.range is pretty nice they have gun's you can rent from ar's to hand gun's to shooting trap hope you find a good place to shoot. mike