close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Place for CW training class in Tuscon area?

Discussion in 'Grand Canyon Glockers' started by ChiefWPD, Nov 19, 2010.

1. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    My wife and I will be spending two months in Green Valley (south of Tucson) this coming Feb and March. I have my AZ permit but would like my wife to get hers. Any recommendations for a good place to go for the needed training course?

Thanks!

2. Havasu

Havasu

Dec 19, 2009
    LHC, Arizona
    I am not familiar with the places near Tucson, but just a reminder, Az does not require a CCW permit to carry concealed.

3. AZ Husker

AZ Husker

Mar 25, 2003
    Phoenix
  4. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    There are a number of advantages to having a CCW permit, even in AZ. For one, you can travel by a school (within 1,000 feet) with a concealed handgun and not be in violation of the law. I believe there is also a section of the law that permits an armed person with a CCW permit to remain in a place selling alcohol so long as they do not consume any.

5. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    Thanks for the link!

6. Roger Henry

Roger Henry

May 16, 2003
    South Carolina
    We have an ad for CCW training here in Green Valley. He says "L/E experience 28 years. Member of S.A.V. 11 years. Monthly classes. Mike. 520-393-0737" SAV is the Sheriffs Aux. Volunteers. If you need more info email me at rbhenry@cox.net I'll show you a good place to shoot. Or 2 good places.
    Roger

7. ChiefWPD

ChiefWPD

Dec 25, 2004
    Roger:

Thank you for the info. I'll email you.

Rich