Pitbull in da House

Discussion in 'The Furball Forum' started by 1911Tuner, Dec 8, 2012.

1. He is sitting right next to me right now, this is an earlier pic.

[​IMG]

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Pitbulls are big ol' silly goobers. They're just dogs. They're pretty much what we make'em.

3. Good work! She's beautiful!

4. One year ago a pit mix shows up at the guard shack,goes on rounds outside with us,by the end of my shift, i was heartbroken. He was about a year old had scars from other dogs biting him, a little skinny and looked like he had spent some time living under an old car. Had to be dragged through a door,didnt know what dog food was and is very gentle taking food out of your hand. he used to drop down to eat while looking around waiting to get jumped. He now looks like a totally different dog,loves attention,and lets the weenie dog boss him around(with a well i cant bite her look on his face.cant stop for a minute or his head is under my hand. Its funny he had to go several miles through my old neighborhood,and the bad part of town,a snake and gator infested swamp to get to the guard house. My aunt and I joke that my mom(who died in 05) led him right to me. He DID NOT WANT TO GO BACK WHERE HE CAME FROM.

Several months ago a cop I know was sent here about the weenie dog,who snuck out of the house,and I was telling him about Leo,and if he does get off his cable(he comes inside at night and in bad weather) just tie him up I'll take care of it when I get home. He said" a dog you rescue will always pay you back". Hes gentle sweet,and wouldnt hurt a fly. Well there was that bigger dog that came trying to be top dog when i took him for a walk. The other dog started getting really aggressive,but Leo was fine,until I went to push the other dog away and stand between them. The other dog snapped at my hand,Leo dropped his head so the choker chain slipped off his head and just as he went to jump the other dogs owner called him off.

You did good and will be rewarded.

#24 m14fan, May 12, 2013
    Last edited: May 12, 2013
  5. i have a female and a male i took in they get a bad rap.they r so mean the cats boss them around

6. sombunya

sombunya I Like To Watch

To the OP, I can completely relate to everything you said. I have two right now, both off the street (as have been every dog I've owned).

Two things: too bad they are over populated the way they are and the world needs more people like you.

7. Great story. I feel the same way about my bulldogs. They are not pitbulls, but they are so close in so many ways. Dogs are great.

8. You're a good man.

I have saved many from a kill shelter but never seen it discribed so well.

Thank you for posting this.