Pistol Recommendation for Those With Short Trigger Reach

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by Sippo, Oct 5, 2012.

1. Sippo

Sippo
    Expand Collapse

Sir: My carry is the Glock 19. I have a short trigger finger. I've had frame modifications and trigger finger channels placed to compensate for my short finger, but I still see most of my "misses" in the 9 o’ clock area. When I size the Glock 19 (Gen4, without back strap) to my hand (frame in line with my forearm and deep in the web between my thumb and pointer) I still have trouble reaching the trigger to comfortably place it over the middle of my distal finger pad. It usually ends up on the distal third of my finger pad.

I wondered what 9mm semi auto you would recommend for operators with my concern. A well-known trainer recently mentioned the Springfield XDM.
    Thanks!

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

XDm should indeed give you more reach into the trigger guard. Ditto S&W M&P and Timberwolf.

best,
    Mas

3. Sippo

Sippo
    Expand Collapse

Are you referring to the Timberwolf frame advertised by Lone Wolf distributors?

4. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

Yes. Available as complete pistol or frame.
    best,
    Mas