close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pistol grips and barrel shrouds "increase a gun's lethality"

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by cowboy1964, Dec 17, 2012.

1. cowboy1964

cowboy1964

Sep 4, 2009
    U.S.A.
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2012
  2. Gundude

Gundude

Mar 7, 2003
    I see from the article that he was firing "high-velocity rounds" too. That's some scary stuff.

3. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    As I love to point out to gunwise folks,

in the height of the "Assault Weapons Ban" when AKs were restricted to 10rd mags of the "little 7.62" round, and pre-bans were at a premium, I was able to take my munificient stipend, from 2 months of jury duty on a tough trial, and order a Cetme semi-auto in 7.62x51 NATO (.308), and all the 20rd mags I wanted. It was perfectly legal because it didn't have a bayonet lug?? and had a "Muzzle brake" instead of a "flash hider". And it met a bunch of silly regs.

yah, they sure did something to keep "dangerous guns" out of the hands of Americans :upeyes:

4. DMaddox

DMaddox

Sep 20, 2007
    Here is a post from someone after the article. :wow:

Bgrngod
    248 Fans
    14 minutes ago ( 5:40 PM)
    Your complaint about the use of the term "High-velocity" is born of ignorance, or willful deception.

Ammunition is specifically manufactured, marketed and sold as "high-velocity" because it does indeed leave the barrel of a rifle at a higher velocity than the "standard-velocity" or even "Subsonic" ammunition.

Bullets moving slower, are going to cause less deaths, there is no doubt about that. "Cop-killer" ammunition was banned specifically because of the unnecessary lethality of them, and proposing such a ban for high-velocity ammunition for the same exact reason is entirely legitimate.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

5. jakebrake

jakebrake cracker

Jan 11, 2011
    too close to philly
    i think i actually got dumber just by reading that.

6. DMaddox

DMaddox

Sep 20, 2007
    At first I thought of responding "if the bullets are moving slower, why don't people just step out of the way?" Or "if they are moving slower they probably won't hurt you". But then I thought they might think I was serious!

7. Atomic Punk

Atomic Punk

Mar 11, 2008
    there seems to be more dumb in the comments than the article. sad all around.

8. G19G20

G19G20 Status Quo 2014

May 8, 2011
    Don't forget Sen. McCarthy's best media appearance regarding barrel shrouds and shoulder things.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rGpykAX1fo"]What is a barrel shroud? - YouTube[/ame]

9. English

English

Dec 24, 2005
    London
    Isn't a barrel shroud something you put on a dead barrel to bury it in?

English

10. Lowjiber

Lowjiber

Jan 26, 2012
    Las Vegas
    Nope, it's a "thing that goes up".:rofl:

As I get older, my barrel shroud becomes less dangerous, if you get my drift.:whistling:

11. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    yes Ive heard massive ignorance from the knee jerk crowd the past 2 days, THOSE HIGH CAPACITY CLIPS, high velocity bullets :upeyes: and the congressman stating that you dont need an AR for sporting purposes needs to re-read his constitution