close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

pistol grip with sling

Discussion in 'Tactical Shotguns' started by zukyota, May 2, 2010.

1. zukyota

zukyota

Jan 5, 2010
    Alabama
    Anyone have a pistol grip shotgun with a sling ? any pics ? I'm thinking of getting a mossberge 500 cruiser & mounting a sling. What are your thoughts ?

2. mixflip

mixflip

Mar 4, 2009
    Sure, heres mine. Thought? Some people like them and some people hate them. I like them because I believe a sling is to a long gun, what a holster is to a handgun. If I have to go do something with both hands, I do not want to leave my shotgun leaning up against a wall or vehicle or what ever. Some dont want the liability of a "hang up" but to me its less of a liability and more of an asset. Opinions vary of course.

[​IMG]

Last edited: May 2, 2010

3. G23c

G23c

Jan 23, 2009
    houston, texas
    I have a sling on my M1S90, but it has a full stock with the pistol grip. very useful.

4. mcqueendonald

mcqueendonald

Mar 7, 2009
    I had a sling stud mounted in the side of my mossberg 500.

Last edited: May 12, 2010
  5. Edmo01

Edmo01

Feb 19, 2010
    Central Arkansas
    Reference the pistol grip.

My Mossberg 500 came with both a full length stock and pistol grip only option. With the pistol grip it makes the gun shorter (obviously) and for some it looks "cool" to have a short, pistol-gripped shotgun. However, it sucks for recoil control, accuracy, and usability by other family members such as my wife.

Those last three things are a must for me in a tactical shotgun and I will not sacrifice them for shorter or "cool".

Just my 2 cents...

On edit: OBTW, I do have a sling on my 500.

Edmo

Last edited: May 23, 2010