close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pistol Caliber Carbines

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by CatsMeow, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Hi all,

I missed the last gun shows (never missed them when I was assigned in Manila).:sad: My question is, are there any pistol-caliber carbines (semi-auto) available, such as the Beretta Storm and the Ruger PC9/40, to be had? It would be nice to have a long arm that takes the same cartridges as one's Glock, in my case 9mm. Besides, I think the Beretta's way cool.:supergrin:

2. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    [​IMG]

Mech Tech CCU. Not just using the same cartridge as your glock. It uses your actual glock frame.

True Weight was selling them before.

3. Now that's way cool.:thumbsup: Are they still available? The ideal HD gun!

I was thinking about this concept (pistol caliber carbine) because last Monday, at the range, there was, well, what amounted to the Bushmaster version of the Colt M635 9mm SMG. A commando-size package without the commando bark and flash. Easier on the ears than a SBR or shotgun in confined spaces, and without the kick of the shotgun.

Also, I hope some gunshops would think about importing some of those lever-action (cowboy-style) or pump-action carbines, for those who shoot revolvers.

4. isuzu

isuzu

Jul 3, 2005
    North America
    It's nice to pair a Ruger P series pistol with a PC carbine of the same caliber. Magazines are interchangeable. The only problem that I read about the PC carbines is that the trigger pulls are not that good. A good gunsmith can remedy the trigger pull, though.

5. Glock_19_9x19

Glock_19_9x19 Toink!

Feb 24, 2006
    Manila, PH
    Ang ganda! I think they were selling them for P25k or more. I wonder why True Weight lang ang nagmarket nito sa Pinas, and why it was discontinued here..

Check this Colt mod. 635
    http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg35-e.htm

6. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    California
    Baka bawal.

7. mtho

mtho

Nov 18, 2005
    mas mura yan sa stronghand. I had the chance to try the 45acp version for 1911 frames, mas malakas yung velocity ng bullets yung round plates sa pb lumilipad paatras, same ammo on a 1911 tumutumba lang yung plates.

8. revo

revo

Apr 27, 2003
    I've only one gun like this -

An AR with a Colt 9mm upper using a coversion for the lower that allows the use of Sten mags.

It's the one on the bottom.

[​IMG]

Out of all my guns, this seems to be everybody's favorite gun whenever I bring somebody to the range - even kids. The recoil is very very soft and once I teach them the sight picture, it's basically point and shoot.

9. Now that's a beaut. Sten mags are quite plentiful as shown in Small Arms Review ads.

The one I saw I mistook for an M635, but it said Bushmaster on the side, had a flattop receiver with red dot sight, and was fed from a plastic stick magazine.

10. Sweater

Sweater

Jan 22, 2006
    Kel Tec Sub-2000 use Glock mags in 40, 9mm ,some models of Berreta mags and Sigs mags.