close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Pistol Backpack that flips to the front

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by ked, Feb 13, 2012.

1. ked

ked

Feb 12, 2007
    tennessee
    I saw something on the 'net yesterday about a backpack that you can pull a string, and then pull the handle of the pack over your head, and it flips over to the front and allows access to a handgun that is in the pack. I saw the video of it in use yesterday, but can't find it again. Any help?

ked

found it! [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0FMspTizyU"]Demonstration of the Ares Armor RAD Pack - YouTube[/ame]

called the Ares Armor RAD pack

Last edited: Feb 14, 2012
  2. HoldHard

HoldHard

Nov 28, 2008
    Motor City 'burbs
    At $285 without a holster or plates, that's a bit steep... even if it is shipping in March.

YMMV

HH

3. SixkillerEnterprises

SixkillerEnterprises

Aug 16, 2011
    It would be faster if the pull string were located on the same side as the gun. Is that an option?

4. If that handgun wasn't properly secured in that holster (or the holster wasn't properly secured) that flipping motion would cause it to fly off into the air. Becoming a 2-3 lbs unguided missile of sorts.

5. MadMonkey

MadMonkey Spershul Furces

Aug 18, 2010
    TX
    Or a boonie hat. I can imagine flipping that over my head and completely obscuring my vision, like some bad Three Stooges act.

But then, most things I do end up that way.

6. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

Jun 14, 2002
    It's for blending into an urban environment. Not bad for your "student" guy hanging out as part of the advance for an EP detail, but hardly an item you're goin to use regularly.