Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Pinhole photography

Discussion in 'Through-the-Lens Club' started by noway, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Anybody here ever did pinhole photography use a modern AF camera?

I started about a year ago making some pinhole lense for a canon 620 and ElanII. I whent to a local photo shop and bought a few spare body caps and use a heated small needle and poke a hole in the center of the cap for the aperture. I whent from the outside > inside on one and the inside >outside on the other. The later , had a smoother edge around the aperture.

Then I whent out to a fishing pier and setup my camera on tripod and started making exposure using a timer of the sun over the bait house. It took me about a full 36exp roll of film in order to get 2-3 nice photos. I later determine my apertue was F128 or something around that. You get a light meter and timer you can calculate your exposure pretty good, just factor in for reciporatory failures if you start making 1-3sec or longer exposures. You can also place a std 50mm lense on the body, take a reading using the onboard metering and then adjust the exposure based on your guessed pinhole aperture sized, and bracket 1-2 stop above and below.

btw: if you do try this using a canon body, you have to to place the camera on manual and used the buld setting since the camera will not have a lense to control for apertue cuz the electronic contacts aren't closed electronically.

if you want the expensive pre-made lense, take a look at the site online or ebay or just make one using the hints from
  2. Timber Wolf

Timber Wolf Christ. Warrior

Aug 7, 2001
    Thanks for the link. INteresting article. Will have to scan over the rest of his website.

3. Another unique trick is to photograph the infrared light which human eyes cannot see.
    I photographed the light out of my stereo remote control. Put the remote to the lens of my Canon S100 digital camera in a dark room and took a photo.
    Here is what it looks like.

Now with an infrared filter on my camera I could photograph nature in a different light, like film photographers did with infrared film for special effects. :)