Pictures?

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Blitzen, Dec 10, 2007.

1. I am finally figuring out the picture thing as well. It just takes some practice. I have actually been using cheap place mats from WalMart as my backgrounds.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

If you do a search over a sigforum for Dr. Lunde, he has a couple of great posts about how to take great pictures.

I personally like the pink carpet. I think it looked great with some of the guns.:supergrin:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Short Cut

Short Cut PatrioticMember
    CLM

[​IMG]

3. :rofl:

Yeah, I was getting too much heat for it though.

It is actually burgundy. The flash of my new camera made it look pink. Until I got my high res camera, I never heard anything about the color. ;)

4. That's always a great pic, SC. :thumbsup:

I've always wanted an Ultimate Master, but I already have two Baers, so I doubt I'll ever get one. :crying:

5. SC, I also tried my new lighting technique with my Classic Custom. I think they turned out well also. They are different due to the gun's mirror bluing on the slide.

It still brings out the details though.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. You either need a light box to place the gun in, or a difuser on the light. If you look you are getting a reflection of the light on the slide of the gun.

The best thing to do is natural lighting outside, on a tripod.

You can make a light box, for under 20.00 using PVC pipe, and thin white material. If you want, I can take pictures of what I use. It cost me about $14.00 for the box, and about $20.00 for the lights.

Your camera should also have a white balance, which will eliminate the "pink" carpet.

My biggest problem is that I know how to take good pictures, now have all the tools and equipment, I just don't have the time to set everything up, and do it.

I still like the pink carpet, it added character to your pictures.

7. Yeah, you can see the light in the slide. I sort of did that on purpose to show the mirror finish.

I'll keep experimenting.

I live in a pretty tight development with a bunch of young kids around. Its difficult to take gun pics outside without the neighbors raising an eyebrow.

I thought about doing a setup like the one you describe as well.

8. J1Z06

Some sweet guns in this thread!!!

9. Short Cut

CLM

Did you ever hear me talk about using a white sheet? Essentially you put the gun down with full bright sun on it through a window and hold a white sheet up behind the camera so the sun has to pass through the sheet to light the gun ( assuming you are using a tripod and automatic shutter timer). The sheet disperses the light much like a light box. That's how I did these.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. OK, here's a couple pics for everyone. I think they turned out well.

I'm working on the lighting.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. Here's a few more.

My two Wilsons.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Short Cut

CLM

That Rock River is a sexy mofo. :aod:

13. Short Cut

CLM

14. I am going to start a petition.

Bac- Bring back the pink carpet.

The new pictures look great.

15. :rofl:

Thanks srothman.

16. Thanks SC.

I love Rock River. Hopefully, they start 1911 production again once they catch up on all their AR orders.

17. Thanks I replaced plastic grips and main spring housing with Hogue rosewood grips and Ed Brown mainspring housing with Drop-In Maxi-Well:cool: