Pics of my new Star Megastar :)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bac1023, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Yeh, they are pretty rare (and my state gun law is not helping neither).

Bac since you also have a 30M. Can you tell me if Megastar is an over size of 30M (like CZ97 to 75) or they have complete different design?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Its a totally different design, noob.

I'll post side by side pics tomorrow. :)

3. Thanks Jeff. I will take it to the range next week. :cool:

4. I also own a Megastar in .45. It's a beast that really tames the recoil of .45 ACP.

I got one up on you; I have five, factory mags for mine. Prepare to cry when you go looking for extras.

I shed a tear when Star and Astra went out of business. Great guns for the price.

V.

5. Yeah, I see mags on Gunbroker and they aren't cheap.

6. WiskyT

WiskyT Malcontent

I wonder if more available mags could be made to work, at least well enough for range use?

7. Maybe so :dunno:

8. Cool thanks.

9. Noob, it will be Monday before the pic is posted. Sorry.

10. Awesome! You didn't buy it off this guy did you?
    [​IMG]

11. :rofl::rofl:

I forgot that he carried one in Heat. I've got that movie. I'll have to pop it in. ;)

#32 bac1023, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012
  12. Nakanokalronin

Nakanokalronin JMB & MTK

That's one heavy gun, but I bet the recoil is pretty mild.

13. Here is the 30M and Megastar together. The frames are different, as is the trigger and other controls.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. i have bought a megastar45 in starvel finish never heard of one but look cool and was a good price at 150.00 bucks ,i have shoot it about 20 times and it shoots great ,love the feel and very low recoil.have research them and i feel like i got a good deal.i also have a tarus 24/7 in 45 cal.but the star shoots better i think.

15. Wow!

$150?

16. Been thinking about adding a Firestar to my little collection but wasn't sure of thier quality. I had a friend who owned one for a while and it certainly felt solid. What say ye guys about them that know the guns?

17. My father has an old Star Firestar in .45 that he loves. Unfortunately it finally gave up the ghost a year or so ago when the slide cracked. It started failing to feed, and we discovered the cracks. Fortunately, the slide didn't completely let go, and I don't want to think about the damage potential if it had. He's been looking for a replacement slide ever since, and has had no luck.

Congrats on the new addition, BAC. I always turn a little green with jealousy whenever I see you start a new thread.

18. i thought that was a good price,till i research them and now i think it was a great price ,i would buy all i could find for 150.lol.would like to see one in 10mm tho.what i read on these guns is the same clip can be used on both guns 45 and 10mm.

19. I prefer the larger Star pistols, but Firestars generally work well.