Pics of my new Springfield P9 :)

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by bac1023, Jan 30, 2013.

1. New to me, that is ;)

I picked this up the other day at my local shop and I'm just getting around to posting it. Its a full size Springfield P9. These were very well built clones of the original CZ 75 (not 75B). Tanfoglio pretty much built them for Springfield in Italy and then they were finished in the USA. This resulted in one of the better CZ copies built over the years. Its been a number of years since the P9 was produced.

The bluing on this example is fantastic. The frame has a very distinct plum color to it, which I happen to like. I'd rate the gun itself in 96-97% condition, with some real light handling marks. The grips, on the other hand, are about perfect. I've always liked the looks and ergonomics of the CZ 75, and this is no different. Like the CZ 75, the top of the slide is ribbed. Unlike the standard CZ 75, the front and back strap are nicely serrated. I certainly prefer the rounded trigger guard like the old CZ 75 versus the squared guard on the current 75B. I'm not big on the big left side roll mark, but I find it a good looking pistol overall.

Its not a gun you see every day. In fact, I don't see a single P9 on Gunbroker at the moment. Compared to some other CZ clones, the P9 wasn't produced as long or in as great of numbers.

It should be a good shooter. :supergrin:

Any thoughts on the Springfield P9? Who here has one? :dunno:

Please enjoy the pics.

Thanks! :cool:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 bac1023, Jan 30, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 30, 2013
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Blacked out! 1911 Forums Aug 6, 2013
    Duty! 1911 Forums Aug 6, 2013
    Springfield Compact Lightweight! 1911 Forums Oct 31, 2012
    Springfield XDS 45ACP Review & Comparison Pics General Firearms Forum Sep 1, 2012
    Got a New Springfield! (Updates with new Pics) 1911 Forums Mar 18, 2010

3. [​IMG]

4. Looks great. I always liked the Pre-B rounded trigger guard,I wonder if Springfield left out the firing block nonsense too.

Alas I don't have a P9 but if a Pre-B comes my way for a good price I might be tempted to snag one
  5. Thanks :)

I don't believe the P9 has the 75B safety. In fact they were built before the "B" model was introduced.
    #4 bac1023, Jan 30, 2013
  6. Very nice find. The bluing is awesome and on a CZ clone, the best of two worlds. :thumbsup:
  7. Thanks :cool:

The pics aren't great, but I'll take some new pics when I get better lighting.
  8. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

I remembered those pistols. I also remembered Springfield briefly imported the Galil too.

After my horrendous experience with the jamamatic that was known as the Tangfolio TA-90, I swore off the Italian clones.
  9. DeLo

"where does he get all those wonderful toys."

Congrats bac!
  10. Yeah, I've heard some horror stories about Tangfolio as well, but I've also heard many good things.

I have a Witness Limited that's been outstanding. :cool:
  11. Thanks :wavey:
  12. Awesome Bac..I am getting close to pulling the trigger on my first CZ. I just finished up my CZ Sales certificate at work and now get one CZ at Cost. I am looking at the CZ75B..I saw yours one time, it had the wood grips and just stupid stunning Bluing :wow: iirc.

We have one in stock and jeez that thing is BIG !!! any thoughts on how she runs ?? thanks. For the exact price I can pay it is so low I wont even post it ...but it is south of $300..
    #11 SiberianErik, Jan 30, 2013
  13. I remember those! I want one!!!!
  14. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Geesh Bac, when was the last time you took a break from gun buying to eat?

Very nice looking gun, I really like the CZ75.
  15. :rofl:

Its been a while ;)
  16. beautiful Gun you have there, Bac. I have one in Stainless in 40 S&W that was also ported by Springfield. Never once had any feeding issues with it. It eats everything. Smooth as can be. the 2 trainers i had for a class to carry on the job up here use H&Ks and Sigs, and had never heard of my gun before. After I qualified, they asked if they could use their own ammo and shoot my gun. When they were finished with it they both wanted one!
    #15 AsSeenOnTV, Jan 30, 2013
  17. Two Guns

Two Guns VIP MEMBER

I had a P9 back in the 80's when they first came out. I used it for competition. It was an awesome gun. The rear sight became loose so I sold it to a friend.I wish I kept it. My friend still has it and it is his only handgun.
  18. very nice BAC!
  19. Thanks, my friend :wavey:
  20. Very nice. I was torn between the P9 and a 1911 back in the Eighties, bought the 1911.
    How many of the race guns from the late Eighties were based on the P9?

I always like the CZ design, that's why I now have four CZ's.
  21. Buying guns or eating