close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

*Pics* New Noveske Gen II 300 Blackout SBR

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by Javelin, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Just got to take a peak at my new Noveske Gen II 300 Blackout SBR. It is a slick looking little gun! Really excited to shoot it!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It will go nicely with the other Noveske rifles I have accumulated over the years.

[​IMG]

2. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Thanks! I am really excited to shoot this little shorty. My CLIII dealer was happy to get me out of his workshop because I must of have spent 20 minutes pawing it yesterday while he was doing some other paperwork for me. The Form 4 transfer wait time is going to be hard on me!

3. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    NICE! I just sent off my Form 1 for my SBR yesterday. I figure about a month for it to go pending, and my examiner should be Albert Lamberger (I live in TN), his average is 107 days from pending to approved, so I figure I'll have my Stamp around late Feb, early March.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  4. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I hope my transfer goes faster than that. What did you SBR?

5. Airborne Infantryman

Airborne Infantryman 'Murica!

Nov 20, 2009
    VA
    I bought an ArmaLite lower for my PSA 16" upper, and had some spare cash, so I figured I'd SBR it. Buying a 10.5 inch upper from Palmetto State Armory when I get my stamp.

The 10.5 inch upper from PSA is $500, so by the time all is said and done, I'll have $1000 into it including the Tax Stamp.

I figure, I can always try out uppers shorter than 10.5 on the SBR'd lower, but I plan to keep it at 10.5 for the most part.

6. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    That sounds like a decent plan! My only advice since you are building out your gun is to be sure to use a quality H2 buffer. Seems to be the major issue in performance and reliability in the shorter ARs in those that do not use the heavier buffer.

7. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Thank you faawrenchbndr!

8. Clint-M

Clint-M

Jul 7, 2010
    RR, Texas
    Looks great. I really like those new Noveske FFL's

What kind of effective range do you get out of that short of a barrel?

CM

9. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    O
    Probably 200-300m. The blackout does not need muc barrel length to reach velocity.

10. pag23

pag23

Jul 28, 2008
    Eastern PA
    It looks great Javelin! I am definitely jealous and the Troy rail makes it even better. Make sure to post pics when you have it all set up.

11. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    How many dang Noveske's you have Jav????? Damn.:rofl::wavey:

I am working on a Skinny now myself.

12. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    Hey CAESAR! Just 4 - that Skinny platform is appealing. I was pawing one earlier and was amazed at how light and nimble they are. I would have been happy to have one back when I was in the service but this 8" Noveske will probably be my last one.

:wavey:

EDIT: I am just trying my best to keep up with 12131.... :rofl:

Last edited: Oct 23, 2011
  13. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    I definitely will! I am debating ... but possibly when funds become available for such a thing I will get an AAC SDN6 suppressor for it but that will be a ways off as it is more of a 'just because I can' sort of purchase. Until then I can throw my AAC 762SD can on it and have fun.

14. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Sure...... You can keep telling yourself that.:rofl:

I really want to have a GOOD light rifle. All I have now seem to turn into pigs. Either that or I am getting old and weak.....either way I am getting a new rifle.

15. Javelin

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
    They do put on weight the longer they sit around don't they?! I remember when I got my 10.5" CQB and I swore I was only going to run the flip up sights... now look at the damn thing....

[​IMG]

16. denn1911

denn1911

Oct 14, 2010
    New England
    Very nice SBR! I've been going back and forth over which manufacturer for an SBR myself. Good luck with it.

17. Cole125

Cole125 Silver Member

Apr 5, 2008
    Far West, USA
    Congrats! :cool: Nothing like getting a new black rifle!!!

18. steve1911

steve1911

Jul 12, 2004
    oregon